Search results

1. H

Started!

Updated 8-4-07 Updated plan, looking for some comments.
  2. H

Comments & Advice Please

So as I read the drawing this will sit on the right side of the room up against two walls? If so, the reach to the right rear for the train shed may be a problem. I'm 6'2" with a 29" reach and I can pick up a 4x8, not much of a stretch. Now lay that 4x8 flat at waist level and see how far...
  3. H

Comments & Advice Please

Hello & welcome aboard. I'm just starting a layout also and not an old hand at this. Okay, here come the questions, is the right side against a wall or is there access to it? How will the layout be sitting? What is the scale? I wanted to start mine as a 4x8 also. One problem that will...
  4. H

"N" scale vehicles

After a little searching I found http://www.malibuinternationallimited.com/mic1.html Cannot get any contact info but I'll keep looking.
  5. H

"N" scale vehicles

Can you get the Manufacturer and any other info from the pack? Would be a great help. A picture would also be fantastic! Thanks for the heads up.
  6. H

Started!

Thank you, yes I did see them, looks pretty cool. Right now I'm using VISIO to draw up some walls, then photo etch to brass and try making some molds.
  7. H

f1indys layout

Hey no big deal, we are here to learn & show off what we design. Looking forward to seeing more construction.
  8. H

Started!

No big deal f1_indy2000, just makes it easier to keep up with the threads. Great looking bench work so far. RexHea, the buildings are from Design Preservation. I have just bought some wall modules from Walther's, I plan on kit bashing & scratch building a lot on the layout. Hate to say it but...
  9. H

Started!

Okay, :confused: I don't know why my post got Jacked by (f1_indy2000). Create a new one for yourself.
  10. H

Switching

Have a new updated version of the track plan. Added in an industry and gave them all names. This pretty much follows how the actual prototype is set up. A couple of the industries are out of place but they are only a couple of streets down the line, I didn't think that would detract from...
  11. H

Switching

I finished up my test project of track & bricks in the road. I should have posted a revised plan this week also. Let ,me know what ya think.
  12. H

Coloring Steel Bands for Water Tanks and Barrels

I use a 2 step process that gets amazingly real results. Went to the local hobby supply store (Michaels) and found this neat item. 'Sophisticated Finishes' it is a 2 step process for creating rust. Gave it a try & this is the best for making things look like rust! I cannot get the cammera to...
  13. H

Switching

Went to the local hobby supply store (Michaels) and found this neat item. 'Sophisticated Finishes' it is a 2 step process for creating rust. Gave it a try & this is the best for making things look like rust! I cannot get the cammera to focus close enough on the 2nd picture for the rust view...
  14. H

Switching

I wanted to figure out how to put track down in the street so I started a small project to see how well it would look. I cut out a piece of picture frame. Glued some flex track down. The brick design I am using is from Plastruct HO scale brick (remember I'm doing N scale) works out great...
  15. H

Switching

No, actually I have to redo the yard because I have no AD track and no yard lead. Something similar to this. SpaceMouse it's on the way.
  16. H

Switching

Here is the area I am working on: http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=4&S=10&Z=15&X=3721&Y=21417&W=2&qs=%7cst.+louis%7cmo%7c Yes, I'll redo the yard, not thinking clearly Sunday. (2 macaws annoying me all day!) The railroads are Union Pacific Railroad, Burlington Northern and Sante...
  17. H

Any ideas on a fun shelf layout?

On the Terminal Railroad Association of St. Louis they have a map of their tracks with industries. I am using part of it for my switching layout. http://www.terminalrailroad.com/maps.php
  18. H

Switching

Don't know what happened to this the first time, here it is again. This is a plan I have for a 2x8x8 shelf layout. My benchwork is completed and want to get started on the track. Let me know what ya think.
  19. H

Started!

Sorry Big Dog, Plenty to do at the moment on mine. Just finished the last 2X4ft section, foamed and painted. Now to get serious on a track plan and finish up the design.

Back