1. Hunter2678

New guy from Ohio.

sandusky ?
  2. Hunter2678

New guy from Ohio.

NW or NE?
  3. Hunter2678

Kato WP F3A loco not moving until 40% throttle. All my others move at 20%

I called my local shop where I bought it and they agreed to take it back and swap for a non dcc version... The replacement engine runs at the 20% throttle setting and paces right with the b unit pretty darn good
  4. Hunter2678

Finally called Kato and the guy told me that this engine wont run at lower throttle on my simple DC setup because of the DCC board installed on the chassis is restricting the voltage compared to a non DCC unit. So now Im at a cross roads on either keeping it or selling it. What to do , what to do.
  5. Hunter2678

It was purchased brand new, I'll look into a dcc controller, thanks for the valuable info!
  6. Hunter2678

Is a non dcc unit... Mrc 1370
  7. Hunter2678

they are with the exception of 1 ...even my atlas locos form the late 80s are Kato. I do however have one Atlas thats new Bangor & Aroostock..a GP7
  8. Hunter2678

I found a piece of paper in the case that says " the unit is equipped with a train control system (TCS K0D8-B Decoder)
  9. Hunter2678

Well I discovered its DCC installed, duhhh so can this throttle issue be tuned out?
  10. Hunter2678

I'm finding this Forum to be having troubles.

Yep noticed this starting on my use of the site last week
  11. Hunter2678

How many engines do you own?

what brand was that SD45?
  12. Hunter2678

PM sent..dont want to...... "derail" this thread too much.....:cool:
  13. Hunter2678

Sounds good
  14. Hunter2678

Im as serious as a heart attack when I say this, so to all you guys with heaps of N scale locos sitting in jewel cases in your basement pm me if your willing to offload any of the diesels in GP7,SD7,SD9, SD45,SD60, SD70/80/90 configurations..
  15. Hunter2678

See that's the other end of the hobby spectrum that I'm curious to hear about too...Its interesting to see how people think and rationalize their approach to 1 or 2 engines vs 30+..
  16. Hunter2678

oh yeah..its been run all night at least 3 times at 40%..its super quiet in fact and probably one of the smoothest running engines I have. Yes I ran the loco without the body on. The flywheels aren't scored either from chassis contact.
  17. Hunter2678

Not necessarily......:)
  18. Hunter2678

My most recent snag was a SD80mac CSX light future...that thing is a beast and will easily pull 25+cars
  19. Hunter2678

took it apart no binding of wheels in trucks..no binding in motor or universals..contact points from trucks to pickups are spotless....perplexed at this point. Must be something or some characteristic in the motor itself that is keeping it from moving at lower throttle . Its DCC ready btw so I...
  20. Hunter2678

Weathering N scale vs a bigger scale.

I've noticed something about weathered n scale. To my eye less is more in terms of weathered N scale engines. I looked at a few weathered versions at my local shop and they look like piles of crap. I think bc the size is at a point where weathering can easily become too much a distraction vs...

Back