Search results

1. P

L shape HO layout plan suggestion

I'll definitely be changing that. Yes if I did go with it I would definitely space them out and maybe even remove one. I like the yard on the bottom where you drew it.
  2. P

I didn't even realize that was a mine lol. To be honest I don't want the mine. I thought it was some sort of yard. Id like to remove the mine
  3. P

Very nice. I like all the layouts you have drawn up. I'm going to have to come to some decision. I'm working on the benchwork tomorrow. I picked up the 1x4s yesterday
  4. P

Very nice! So unique compared to what I have seen. Great use of space rather than just a loop.
  5. P

Wow! It really is. It's alot easier to grasp the size when it's down on the table and not on paper. I really like what u did with the yard on the layout I picked. I think for a first layout after a long absense it will be good for me. Not too complicated and all one level. Plus I will have...
  6. P

The only thing that might be a bit daunting to me on your design is the yard above the track. There just never seems to be enough room lol.
  7. P

Hey. Thanks so much. Don't mind my ignorance lol but I thought the area on the right inside the loop was.the yard lol. What you added in red could be the yard for sure but after seeing your plan I like it better.
  8. P

Wow, very cool. I like it alot. It's similar to what I was looking at but more to do. This is what I was considering. What do u think of it. Maybe combine attributes of yours with this? I can't tell you how much I appreciate the help. When it's all said and done send me your address and I'll...
  9. P

Yes just like that. It will be tight but I can get all the way around
  10. P

Hey horseman. I actually have even more room as I got rid of some stuff in the basement. I have about 12 feet by 8 feet. If you hve and suggestions let me know. Im willing to work something out as far as compensation for something I like. Maybe a structure kit or something, Like I said Im...
  11. P

Hi M. Thanks for all the info. The layout will not be flat no. Just depends on what I decide to do for a track plan which way going to go weather it be cookie cutter or maybe use the woodland scenics ramp type setup. Right now all I'm trying to do is find a track plan I like that why I posted...
  12. P

Oooo ok. That's about it really. Im making more.complicated than I have to lol. Thanks Willie.
  13. P

Hey there. Yes I can get at all sides. With 32" I would have to use 15" radius and that's tight. Yes's ho scale. Thanks!
  14. P

Hey all. So I am trying to decide on a L shaped plan for a new railroad in my basement. The area I have 8 foot long by 8 foot long by 4 feet wide L. I haved looked on the internet etc bit nothing really catches my eye. I would like a small yard, room for a town and last 4 or 5 industries to...
  15. P

Opinions on scale

Absolutely. I'm 50 now and using 1x magnifying drug store glasses so they are already on the decline lol
  16. P

Opinions on scale

Hey no. Thanks for.all the excellent suggestions. I have decided on going home scale. I just feel it will make a better fit for me. Thanks again!
  17. P

Opinions on scale

I just wanted to thank EVERYONE for all your help and suggestions! I'm sorry I didn't reply to all but I read every one and the information is awesome. I have made my decision....(drumroll please)..... It's HO scale! There were just so many good points brought up about it I just feel N-Scale...
  18. P

Opinions on scale

Hey Frank. I understand about the space issue. Like I said I have a bout 10x4 tops so how involved can I really get in that small amount of space. I keep on going back and forth and my LHS isn't making it any easier. They are old school and frown on n scale and are suggesting ho. Thanks for your...
  19. P

Opinions on scale

Yes the last thing I want to do is build a yawner. With the space I have I think if I go ho that's what it will be. The other issue I'm having is deciding on a layout. It's all mainly personal taste I guess. Thanks for your help
  20. P

Opinions on scale

Thanks for your input. I totally agree about the size of the trains. That's probably the only reason I'm debating, is the size trade off worth the more in the same space gain. To be honest my eyes are pretty good but being 50 now it's now going to get any better lol.

Back