Search results

1. D

This Could Be My Next Structure.....

Absolutely! There was one almost identical where I live, also in WI, inside our city limits. It had a door to a haymow on the front over the sliding door and was used as a horse shed in the main part at one time judging by a couple stalls remaining inside. Most had been used more recently to...
  2. D

Paper/Cardstock Containers for a Yard Scene

I've had fantastic luck with these. The price, selection and artwork are awesome. Customizable even depending on your likes/needs. Pay for your selected design and print as many as you want. When moving these really look good too mixed in with plastic containers, and some designs don't stand out...
  3. D

1930s Fire Trucks -- probable Kitbashing project

Erik, I found a link to this book on google which has pics of end door auto boxcars built in the mid teens. And by golly, they are SOO and Milwaukee Road cars! Railroading and the Automobile Industry By Jeff Wilson see page 25. While it is likely too recent for your era, I found these via a...
  4. D

The "North Woods" ....

Anything could be justified in the summertime. With all of the inactive, cast-off or abandoned lines in that area, a dream routing could be devised to serve the busiest tourist areas. Amtrak for a few years in the late 70's ran the North Star, a short train which ran CHI-DUL before being cut...
  5. D

The "North Woods" ....

Very cool! Neat way to pack the necessities into a branchline combine. Always wanted to do something like this with an RDC or two. Not that it matters on YOUR layout mind you, but The Milwaukee Road already had their North Woods Hiawatha Service serving Northern WI from its connection with the...
  6. D

Accidentally hit the post button after previewing the links and oops.... Most of the apparatus of your modeling era were purpose built from the ground up. Vendor chassis didn't start to see widespread use until the mid 40's (after the war) and then it went wild, or so it seemed. Some builders...
  7. D

At one time, as a now retired Vol FF, I remember firehouse talk of an invoice that was found of the delivery of our '31 Seagrave. It involved 4 RR's between Columbus, OH, and Waterloo, WI. That was years ago and nobody knew what became of the invoice. I've seen a number of photos over the years...

Back