Search results

1. Paul Schulze

Convert Turnouts to DCC?

I have a small DCC layout with DC turnouts (mix of slow motion and snap). What compelling reasons can be given for bringing the turnouts up to DCC? Since my layout is fully functional, easily controlled from a single station, and does not require walk-around, should I just keep the turnouts...
  2. Paul Schulze

Tortoise Switch Machine Hum

Do Tortoise Switch Machines Hum? Mine seem to have a hum when idle. I just started using them and I thought that after they switched, they would cut off. On the other hand, if they cut off completely, I suppose they would not be able to reverse when polarity is reversed. Need help understanding...
  3. Paul Schulze

Building Dioramas, Laying Track, or Running Trains?

I am very curious about what model RR folks like to do. When I look at layouts, many are very high on dioramas, Some folks are limited in space while others fill a room, basement or dedicated building. What do you like to do best; build for great dioramas, build for running fun train...
  4. Paul Schulze

Fun to Run N-Gauge

This post contains a link to a small (60"x90") moveable n-gauge railroad layout. It was built in two sections so it could be moved to new locations. The layout has no large yard or monstrous runs but it sure is fun to run. More information, pictures and a video can be found at...
  5. Paul Schulze

Atlas N GP40 Classic or Master Locomotive?

On the Atlas website, the N Atlas GP40 is listed under Master locomotive whereas the GP40 is listed under Classic when searching for parts. Does anyone know which is correct?

Back