Search results

1. B

Bachmann 50 ton 2 Truck Climax - Need smoke Stack

PSC has a separate price list catalog. As far as fitment, if you know how big the opening is in the smoke box, you could call and ask. It is likely that you may have to do some modifications to make a PSC one fit. Andrew
  2. B

Membership in the NMRA verses the Number of Model Railroaders in the U.S.

I can’t argue with those numbers, they are actual data, vice an estimate. I subscribe to all three, and I am a NMRA member. There are people who likely do not subscribe to any of the above. The affore mentioned Lionel Collectors Club of America Members and the Train Collectors Association...
  3. B

I just now joined

Unfortunately, it is probably not as simple as that. It doesn't have to be a forum member. Members don't have any additional access that would allow them to cause re-directs. The reply emails you get are generated by the forum software itself. Someone with more computer knowledge than me...
  4. B

Flange-ways in our Turnouts

Its mostly the caboose or last car in the train when switching, or steam locomotive pilot truck wheels that I notice. Couplers too, but those of you who are on the MR forums know my stance on couplers, so I will leave that be here.
  5. B

My $0.02, I don't really like the look of code 110 wheels. To me they look like monster truck tires. I also do not want to go through the expense of re-placing a whole bunch of trucks to make P87 wheelsets look right (those dont look right either in the code 110 trucks, as the truck frames...
  6. B

Mark, Well, that being said, all you need to do is find $67-100 worth of things you would have purchased online anyway, depending on which vendor. Most discounts are in the range of 10-15%. I made a purchase yesterday at MicroMark that paid for my membership with magazine and then some. Its...
  7. B

No movement

Have you tried resetting the decoder to factory defaults? Decoders have been known to "forget" their address from time to time. If you do not have a bunch of custom CV settings set up, you don't loose much by attempting this. I am surprised no one mentioned this troubleshooting step. Don't...
  8. B

Here are the other four videos mentioned earlier in the thread. The videos explain how the different dimensions in the standards, coupled with properly gauged wheel-sets, work together to make the trains work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBdWvMHEN8s Part 1...
  9. B

Double Radius Turnouts, & interesting modification to a stock Peco one

I think this is pretty much the same principle of how the Central Valley Curvable Turnouts Kits work. Ive given some thought to those, but Fasttracks and Oak Hill model railroad track supply make it look so easy to hand-lay track. Neat video though. Does he have one of in-progress...
  10. B

Locomotive Design Thought...

They make a powered truck and a dummy truck. The dummy truck just picks up power, and is half the price.
  11. B

Locomotive Design Thought...

http://nebula.wsimg.com/02d6e40c2d04190212ed400d3ccb2472?AccessKeyId=08BEE66B97B387F20C0D&disposition=0&alloworigin=1 The new one (Stanton Drive) is DCC ready. Never tried one myself. Considering getting one to re-power a Bachmann Spectrum Gas-Electric Doodlebug. A side note: NWSL also...
  12. B

Please list those that you believe are justified, and your detailed justification for those complaints. I would be interested in hearing a detailed description of complaints that are based in facts and current data. I will give you some are justified, or at least understandable. I'm a...
  13. B

I forgot Lego! Those guys actually placed in one of the modular contests at the National Train Show, and rightfully so. Those layouts are amazing, and look better than anything I ever did with Legos.
  14. B

That is a problem with any club with local chapters. If the population density isn't there, it is hard have groups local to everyone. You are not alone in this problem. If you accept the assumption that model railroaders are evenly distributed throughout the population (for argument's...
  15. B

What would you consider to be affordable dues? What benefits would you expect for that new dues rate?
  16. B

That is also a good idea, but Walthers recently dropped PSC from their catalog. There may be other manufacturers. You might also check Bowser’s website. They may have a part in their Cal Scale or one of their other lines
  17. B

(HO) Athearn Generational Parts Compatibility?

You might try asking Athearn directly. The other option might be to inquire of NWSL if they have a replacement recommendation. My main concern would be gear ratio/size being different. I dont know if that changes a lot, I have heard horror stories on other forums of the "gear of ratio of the...
  18. B

I checked the Bachmann Parts website, I could not find one there.
  19. B

Precision Scale Company makes a couple in brass. Part number 3088 in this catalog on page 152. There is also one on page 153. https://www.precisionscaleco.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/HO-Steam-WOP.pdf They do have a minimum order in $, but you can search online dealers for the part number.
  20. B

Camera Recomendations - for Model Railroading Photos

Model Railroader just had an article about using a cellphone camera to take layout photos. They came out really well in my opinion. There are tripod holders for various brands of smartphones out there. You could try that. Plus they are a phone, computer, and a model railroad throttle (JMRI...

Back