Search results

1. Marv

O gauge NYC Mikado wanted

I am looking at an old Lionel 18079 Odyssey. Will this run/be compatable with my two LionChief engine system?
  2. Marv

O gauge NYC Mikado wanted

I think I need one of these, don't have much room. How about your favorites or recommendatios?
  3. Marv

1950`s Tank Cars

Also fun researching the development and production of this actual car plus "SCO line, inc." Happens this is South Cotton Oil commpany located in Columbia, SC and also had a plant in Mecklenburg Co NC, the county in which we now reside. Sounds like the 5 degrees of seperation thing.
  4. Marv

1950`s Tank Cars

Thanks so much for your posts, tank car arrived and is now part of a small freight, looks absolutely beautiful.
  5. Marv

1950`s Tank Cars

Now that I search my brain I certainly agree rotating axles did not appear till later I got caught up in the fact the model was using them sounded great for detail thank you so much for your suggestion I just placed an order
  6. Marv

1950`s Tank Cars

Thank you
  7. Marv

1950`s Tank Cars

I'm trying keep to the fifties era and older. What is a good choice for a high detail tank car. From my research so far I see that the cars of that Arrow had a frame under so would look for that design I like the atlas idea of rotating bearings truck axles
  8. Marv

Visit to Lionel Factory service center

Concord NC is the PO address they are located across and adjacent 2 Charlotte Motor Speedway
  9. Marv

Ha, didn't get free candy at Hershey PA but a memorable tour some years ago following trips to the Carlile PA car shows. BTW 1/2yr means same thing as 1/2 hr, on my keyboard.
  10. Marv

It was a pleasant coincidence, the impromptu tour of the Lionel service center. I have some ancient history with my first train my dad gave me for Christmas about 70 years ago. I am fussy and always worried about the three rails but no longer. Now I can easily see past this defect and other...
  11. Marv

Have you seen this?

Not quite ready for 700 Watts but thanks anyway for the tip
  12. Marv

Gluing people down

Thanks everyone, I ordered the Woodland Scenic glue
  13. Marv

Have you seen this?

Thanks, I am sure you are correct, more is better.
  14. Marv

Gluing people down

Good suggestions, thanks everyone.
  15. Marv

Gluing people down

What do you use to prove the people down. I think I may want to move these folks around sometime and need a glue that I can pop off easily
  16. Marv

Have you seen this?

I am using 036 which came with the set it is a tight curve but works I recently added a 072 wye which looks great and works good. am set up on a 42 inch wide table. Now another situation The Berkshire with three lighted Passenger cars along with a 04 o Switcher is drawing too much power from...
  17. Marv

Have you seen this?

That is what I have and I do love it
  18. Marv

Finally settled on and 0-4-0 little steam loco switcher. Got good service as always from MB Klein on the Lionel. I spent 2 hrs trying to figure it out and could not get it to run. MB Klein willingly gave me a return authorization but said they did not have a replacement. The Lionel Factory...
  19. Marv

Wah Wah O scale

I really liked the animation and different engineering of the Shay, and I needed a switcher. But, I am going to be happy with the 0-4-0 switcher and it will fit much better on my small layout. Also the specs state 031 for curves. I still don't know what I am doing, but having fun. It has been...

Back