Search results

1. T

HO track overcurrent problem.

I need your help identifying the cause of overcurrent of my ho train track. It occurs with any engine I run on the track. I use a power pack with an ammeter and voltmeter included. The track bus is 14 ga awg stranded wire with 20 ga awg droppers every 6 ft of track for a total of 20 ft. As I run...
  2. T

Turnout position indication

Been there and done that. I took off the tip of one finger on my table saw and tip of another finger on my jointed. Both times I was hurrying to get done. Now both fingers healed, but I take my time when working around machinery. As for the schematic, I found a dual coil latch relay that does...
  3. T

I don't need a pcb. I can build without and solder as needed. Please provide schematic and instructions. Thanks.
  4. T

I'm planning to use an auxiliary power supply to power the circuit. Thanks for your quick reply.
  5. T

I want to add turnout position indication using leds to my layout. I'm using Atlas turnouts with switch machines attached. My thought is to add a green led for thru position and red for divert. When I throw the momentary toggle switch for the turnout to THRU, the green led will light. When I...
  6. T

LED bleed through

The wire I am referring to is the actuation wire from the tortoise to the snap switch, not the electrical wires.
  7. T

LED bleed through

That sounds great. However I have to use Atlas snap switches. I built my benchwork using 1-3/8" thick solid core oak doors with 2" foam board glued on top, making my total thickness of 3-3/8", which the wires with the tortoise are too short.
  8. T

LED bleed through

I tried 1k resistors, but still some bleeding.
  9. T

LED bleed through

I would guess electrical current is bleeding through causing the led to have a slight glow when not selected.
  10. T

LED bleed through

No, the led it self has a slight glow when not selected.
  11. T

LED bleed through

I'm attempting to build a flip flop circuit to indicate position of remote turnout switch to siding. This circuit works great except the 3 volt leds I'm using bleed through when not powered. I'm not sure how to stop the bleeding.
  12. T

Painting rails?

Not restore, it's Testors.
  13. T

Painting rails?

I use Restore flat rust and hand brush it.
  14. T

Wiring block sections

Thanks for the info. Can I run all the bus wires together? Or should I route each pair separately? I will be running twisted pairs for bus wires.
  15. T

Wiring block sections

About 20 feet.
  16. T

Wiring block sections

I have layed my track and separated by blocks. Now it's time to wire each block. I'm running HO scale and the longest block is 12 ft with no interruptions. Most are 3 to 6 ft long with a switch on one end. I'm planning to use 18ga stranded wire for the long block for the 12 ft block, then using...
  17. T

Do you have a CART for tools that you can push around to have handy?

I had an old metal kitchen cart on casters sitting around. I put a box on top with 2" high sides. It also has a middle and bottom shelf as well that I set my tools on. I set a tool tote in the box for my painting supplies. I also mounted a pull down retractable extension cord on the ceiling...
  18. T

Suggestions for dividing layout into blocks

Is it necessary to instal a circuit breaker for each block?
  19. T

Suggestions for dividing layout into blocks

My new layout is 12' x 8'. in HO scale. I have two outer loops with switches to change between. I am wiring for DC control. I'm not sure if I should break the two continuous outer loops into blocks or keep as one each loop. the layout consists of a yard area with a car repair and engine house...

Back