Search results

1. gngsquared

Final Plan, but with adjustments...

It has been a tough row. Dozens of failures, hundreds of frustrations, and many a curse, but I have what I will be building. Not a prototype, not a real place, just a little slice of WV I remember as a kid visiting my Grandparents. HO scale, Peco code 83 main, code 70 sidings. 1965 in the...
  2. gngsquared

New Layout, Needs some, make that a lot, of Help

OK, so I have decided to go with HO scale and code 100 for my layout. I chose HO due to my comfort level with that size, bad eyes and old hands. I chose code 100 since it will allow the most interchange of manufacturers parts. I would also like to use DCC for the control system. I used a couple...
  3. gngsquared

Old Guy, New Hobby

Hello. I tried posting an introduction several days ago and I guess it just didn't post. I was looking for a new hobby since the ones I used to enjoy are no longer viable due age, wife's objections, etc. So I was looking for something that would make use of the skillsets that I have acquired...
  4. gngsquared

Just Starting on This New Adventur

Hello. I am in the Richmond, VA area and have been lurking on this site for a while now trying to soak up all the information that I can. I have found that there is a LOT of knowledgeable friendly people here and I plan on making use of every bit of it. I was born in WV, small coal mining...

Back