Search results

1. rlundy90

Almost done my scratchbuilt On30 tank car.

Done my scratchbuilt On30 tank car. Just a few more details and a bit more weathering and my tank car will finally be finished. Here's where it is at so far. Ron
  2. rlundy90

BN 972673 Jordan Spreader.

Building Jordan Spreader BN 972673 . I started building this spreader last year for my friend Rick. He happened to mention he had the old Roundhouse kit. I had seen it on a forum somewhere and had been looking for the kit but I couldn't find one. I offered to build it for him and here we are...
  3. rlundy90

My Little Critter

Here's a few pics of the On30 Critter I just finished. It is a Boulder Valley Models kit built on a Bachmann 45 Tonner chassis. They are easy and a lot of fun to build. I scratchbuilt the exhaust, added some extra details and weathered it.
  4. rlundy90

Great News for Canadian Modelers

I just found out that Prototype Model Industries in Ontario is going to produce MLW S13 and MLW RS23 locos. This is great news for anyone who, like me, have been searching for these locos. Until now the only way to get these was to buy the Van Hobbies brass version going for as much as $1600 or...
  5. rlundy90

To all the weatherers out there

Just thought some of you would like to know that Rich has turned Modeltrainsweathered back into a free site.
  6. rlundy90

Most challenging craftsman kit?

I got into model railroading because of all the model building required. I built one plastic kit and then a wooden one. I was hooked. I would like to know what you guys think is the most challenging craftsman kit. I always like a good challenge as well as the best bang for my buck. Ron
  7. rlundy90

On30 kit manufacturers

I was wondering if any of you could direct me to some good logging and mining kits for On30 rolling stock. I would like to see what is available and see who you guys recommend. Thanks, Ron.
  8. rlundy90

Got the Brass Blues

Our model club had it's annual auction this weekend. I bought my first brass loco there. It is an Alco Models EMD NW-2 with KMT trucks. One of the gears on the rear truck axle is missing. I looked on the Northwest Shortline website but couldn't find them. I was totally lost as to what I was...
  9. rlundy90

Looking for prototype pics

I recieved a Sylvan Scale Models CPR Eight hatch aluminum hopper for Christmas. I was wondering if anyone has or knows where I can get some prototype pics of this car. It is supposed to be bare aluminum with black script lettering. The numbers given with this car are#383248 and #385517. Only...
  10. rlundy90

Looking for instructions

I am looking for instructions for 2 Tom's Railroad Corner kits. They are Hildebrand Box and Barrel and Maholland Plumbing and Heating. If anyone has these or knows where I can get them it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ron.
  11. rlundy90

HOn3 Locos

I am thinking of doing an HOn3 logging layout. Is there anyone who produces good reasonably priced locos. All I am finding is brass stuff way out of my price range. Also what size track would this run on. Thanks, Ron.
  12. rlundy90

Sawmill complex

This is the first building in my sawmill complex. Still a planing mill, bandsaw mill kiln, powerhouse and a few other structures to go.Ron
  13. rlundy90

Brill Motor car plans.

I am trying to find drawings and articles on building a Brill Model 55 Motor Car.Does anyone know of anywhere on the net I would be able to find anything like that. Thanks, Ron.
  14. rlundy90

Need covered hopper pics

I need some prototype pics for the ends on a PS-2CD covered hopper for weathering info. Preferably for Burlington Northern, but will take anything I can get. Can anyone here help me out. I've looked everywhere I know of but can't find anything on the ends. Thanks, Ron.
  15. rlundy90

Floquil enamel

Can anyone that is familiar with Floquil enamels tell me whether it dries to a gloss or matte finish. Thanks Ron.
  16. rlundy90

Coming soon

Well I've finally collected pretty much everything to build the first part of my Greater Winnipeg Water District Railway. The yard is the first part that will be done. This contains the station and engine house.This part of the layout is 14' x 6'.It will eventually be a point to point railway...
  17. rlundy90

Kanamodel instructions

Hey guys. Wondering if anyone has instructions for Kanamodel kit #102B Section House. This is the old kit produced 20 or so years ago not the new one.I emailed Kanamodel and new kit is totally differnt. Any help you have would be appreciated. Thanks, Ron.
  18. rlundy90

Thought I'd join in and say hi.

Hi everyone. My name is Ron. I am a newcomer to model railroading and sofar haven't started on my layout. I have spent the last six months or so researching and collecting what I need to build it. I live a few miles from a small industrial railroad called The Greater Winnipeg Water District...

Back