Search results

1. TrucTrain55

New O27 Layout keeping it retro

Here’s another new layout I’m working on this time it’s a O27 scale going to try to keep this retro in the 50s. This idea had been in my head now for over 3 years. The truck and trailer was custom painted and decaled by me. I hand painted the truck
  2. TrucTrain55

Possible New Burlington 1960s Switching Layout

Just kicking around an idea of a new switching layout with a Piggyback siding and Rual setting but we’ll see what happens. Inspiration was from GuilfordRailman and his small shelf layout. Thanks
  3. TrucTrain55

Trackside Thursday

Here’s a thread you can post trackside happenings or just what on your trackside.It can be any scale from 1.1 on down. So let’s see what’s going on Trackside. Here’s a old Autocar U Model delivering some barrels for the Pickle factory trackside.
  4. TrucTrain55

Vintage Life Like Coal Car Upgrades

I’ve had two of these old Life Like Coal Cars for years I got in a collection one that has the nice Kadee Trucks on it has the top broken the one that doesn’t needs them it’s the better one of the two cars. So last night I made it where I could put the Kadee Trucks on it and add Kadee Couplers...
  5. TrucTrain55

Midwest Monday

Good Morning all. Thought I would start another thread this time for Monday’s. Post your Midwest Rolling stock, Power units or whatever you have that is related to the Midwest rails. Today we have a Fort Dodge Des Moines Southern Railway Boxcar I Custom built and weathered.
  6. TrucTrain55

TOFC/COFC Tuesday

Thanks to our good Friend Tom (CambriArea51) he suggested a thread last week on TOFC. Tuesday. This one is probably going to be my favorite one yet. You can post your TOFC Piggybacks, Containers on Chassis or real 1.1 TOFC if you like. I’ll get us started with just a few of mine. The Great...
  7. TrucTrain55

Santa Fe Sunday

Good Morning all. Thought I would start another Thread that I’ve done on another forum. Post your Santa Fe Locomotives, Rolling Stock, Passenger Trains and Real 1.1 Santa Fe stuff. I’ll get us started with a old Athearn Blue Box my older Brother gave me.
  8. TrucTrain55

Western Wednesday

Let’s see your Western Rolling Stock Locomotives any scale is welcome even 1.1 Real trains. I’ll kick us off with a F unit I Custom painted and decaled over the weekend.
  9. TrucTrain55

Switching Saturday

Post your Switching operations or what you have been Switching out on your Layout here. All Scales are Welcome. I’ll kick us off with my Bachmann FA pulling a empty old Athearn Blue Box from a Customer to be put back into the Manifest. Enjoy your weekend.
  10. TrucTrain55

Front End Friday

Let’s see some pics pf your locomotives Front Ends Any Scale is welcome that also includes 1.1 Real locomotives. I’m hoping this will turn in to a weekly thing I’ll kick us off with a Vintage HO F9 Bachmann shell I custom painted and decaled this week.
  11. TrucTrain55

Vintage Bachmann F9 Shell on New Bachmann Spectrum Power Chassis Custom B&O

Here’s a old Bachmann F9 Shell I painted and decaled in a kinda rare B&O painted scheme and powered it with a New Bachmann Spectrum Chassis. I still have to add the details to it.
  12. TrucTrain55

HO Sheepscot 28yrd. 27’ 1950s Fruehauf Dump Trailer

This is a old Plaster Sheepscot Scale Product of a late 1950s Fruehauf Dump trailer. I’ll be using different parts from other trailers as well as styrene strips and some Custom building. I’m going to try to get as much details as I can on this one so it will look nice on my layout at the Coal...
  13. TrucTrain55

Vehicles on the Wortham Layout

Thought I would post the Vehicle’s I have on my layout. I will be adding more as time goes on. The Autocar U, White 9000 were Custom Hand Painted and Decaled by me. I also Custom Decaled both trailers the White is pulling.
  14. TrucTrain55

Roundhouse Models Wilson & Co. Old Time Reefer Car Lightly Weathered

I built this Reefer Car Monday morning. The car body was pretty bright and “toyish” looking but I didn’t want to over weather it and loose the over all appearance of the car. I used a soft Makeup Brush that one of my Daughters gave me one time (they always give me there old brushes) and I used a...
  15. TrucTrain55

Athearn 16 Wheel Heavy Duty Flatcar w/ Roco Caterpillar Scraper Weathered.

I decided to finish this one last Saturday I’ve had this one since I started my layout back in 2012. Enjoy the pics.
  16. TrucTrain55

Tyco Great Northern Flatcars Conversation to Log Cars Weathered.

I’ve had this idea for many years. Thanks to Tom (TLOC) giving me lots of inspiration I dug them out and got started on them this evening. The log bunks are from Details West and I used MiG. Washes for the floors and Caterpillar Yellow from Majic paint I got from Rural King. I’ll have more...
  17. TrucTrain55

Wortham Layout (Erie Lackawanna)

I spent yesterday afternoon and this afternoon cleaning and working on my HO Layout. It’s been at least 2 years since I’ve cleaned it and fixed it up so why not change the Main Railroad too so I’m switching to the Erie Lackawanna the time frame around Spring 1962 this is shortly after the merger.
  18. TrucTrain55

Lionel O27 Gauge Piggyback Trailers and Flatcars with Loads Custom Upgrades

This will be some Lionel O27 Gauge Piggyback Trailers and Flatcars with Loads I’ll be upgrading. Here’s what I have done so far.
  19. TrucTrain55

AHM O scale Custom Boxcars

These are some O scale AHM I’ve been working on. The Lackawanna I painted/decaled last year with Tichy Train Group decals today I put a new floor in it and added some Lionel sprung trucks which I drilled out all the ones I have and removed that pin/ button. Next was a Union Pacific car I used...

Back