Search results

1. E

Unwanted Caboose Uncoupling

Thank you. Good to know. I've got them on order already along with an N scale coupler gauge. It'd be good to be able to use metal wheels and axles. I was hoping down the line to install some lights in the caboose. That is whenever my skill level gets that far. A long way to go.
  2. E

Thank you. I found them on their website. The description doesn't say how many springs come in a package or in fact how many are necessary but I'll give them a call today and get some more information.
  3. E

After reading and pondering all the great advice here, I had the "brilliant" idea to replace the metal wheels and axles with the original plastic wheels and axles that came with cabooses. Although it's not a perfect solution since there is still an occasional decoupling, the plastic wheels seem...
  4. E

All good suggestions. I also found this solution on YouTube but it's a bit (or two) above my current pay grade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akdnhLfPJb4&list=LL8_5FilDu7-x03jx8aEaW1Q&t=6s&index=5 . He uses a servo attached to an Arduino to raise and lower the magnet. I was able to pull...
  5. E

I don't have a gauge yet but by eyeballing them they seem relatively even although not perfect. What is the "trip pin" you are referring to? Is that the metal air hose used to open the knuckles?
  6. E

Yes to the metal axle/wheels. I recently replaced the plastic wheels with Fox Valley metal wheels and axles on all my empire (about 20 cars!). I also misspoke in my other post. I hooked up my caboose only to an engine and left it running. I returned an hour later to find the engine pushing the...
  7. E

I'm not sure which couplers are on the caboose. It's an Atlas Trainman product. I know it's not a horn-hook but outside of that I'm not familiar with the n scale options or what they look like. Another thing I can see is that the couplers are mounted to the body and not the trucks. I've...
  8. E

I have one permanent uncoupler magnet on my main line that loves to uncouple my cabooses. The trains expand and contract like an accordion when in motion so I suspect slack is causing the problem as the last car travels across the magnet. I've added an additional 0.25 oz weight to the car giving...
  9. E

Returning to the hobby

Thank you for the input. It was the metal wheels, however, that were breaking off from the axle, not the plastic ones. I had purchased them from Model Train Stuff and I called to get a replacement when I broke the first one. Instead of replacing the one broken wheel set, they sent a package of...
  10. E

Returning to the hobby

Thank you Louis. I'll give it a try if no one else has an answer here. Eldon
  11. E

Returning to the hobby

Good morning all. After a very long absence, I've returned to model railroading to have something to do with the grandkids. I purchased (time saver) a small 3'x7' n-scale modeled table and quickly found there were a lot of upgrades (time user-upper) that "NEED" to be done. After replacing some...

Back