Search results

1. FunValleyLine

BULL FROG SNOT!!!!! Get some trust me!!!

Bull Frog Snot is the way to go. I bought some and put it on my new Bachmann 2-8-4. It works wonderfully. The first time I put it on was a mess. It clumped up and wasnt any good. Goo on the wheels and picked up all the dirt off the track. The second time was better but I still wasnt...
  2. FunValleyLine

Bachmann Loco Help/Question Spectrum?

I have always run Rivarossi Locomotives. I have bunches of them in various states of repair. I have a 4-8-8-4 and several 2-8-8-2s and 2-10-2s and 2-8-4s and 4-8-2s and 0-8-0s and many other smaller engine too numerous to list. My layout is 24'x32' and I have flat areas and areas with 2% and...
  3. FunValleyLine

Interesting Photos for a Harbor Project

These are some photos I took at a Harbor in Maryland while on a family trip. I think they do pilings and rif-raf work and thought ok that would be great in my harbor. Figured I would share.
  4. FunValleyLine

Walking Bridge with Tower and MOW Photos

I took these while driving around one day with nothing to do. They were taken in Roanoke Va near the switching yard. Thought maybe it would give someone some ideas for a small project. The date on the camera is the default I forgot to reset the pictures are about 3 month ago.
  5. FunValleyLine

Redoing my photos and updating threads

I am at a point in my life where working on my layout is senseless. Hopefully this will change very soon. I am trying to keep my interest up by redoing my photos. When Yahoo stopped storing photos all mine were sent to Photobucket. Needless to say they are all a mess. I am making new albums...
  6. FunValleyLine

Bachmann crossing gate help

I have 2 sets of bachmann dual crossing gates with flashing lights and bell. I have wired it the accessory side 16v ac of my MRC Throttlepack. It seems to run very fast and the lights flash too rapidly. What is the best way to slow this down. If anyone could give me some ideas it would be...
  7. FunValleyLine

ID help on a caboose, thanks

What road is this I guess I have never seen this design and why does it say radio? Sorry about the large pict I cant get it too reduce go figure.
  8. FunValleyLine

Track Question - O scale

I have a new lionel set and it says O-scale on the box. I am looking for more straight track to put a suspended loop around my train room. My question: Is there a difference in O and O-27 three rail track. How do I tell what to get. Thanks in advance, Tom
  9. FunValleyLine

Back after unwanted break w/ Track cleaning tip

I am back I hope after a long unwanted break. The trains are all dusty and the track is a mess. Between the daughters move home from college, several family losses and my crazy work I have been away from the train scene. I have come up with an interesting way to clean track in a hurry. Soak...
  10. FunValleyLine

Anyone care to help ID some more HO locos

Anyone caring to add info so I can list on ebay would be appreciated and thanks in advance. I know they are mostly junk and plan on listing accordingly would be nice to give them an idea of what junk they are getting. #1 Sante Fe 5426 LIMA Italy #2 Sante Fe 6692 says RSO #3...
  11. FunValleyLine

Need a photo of a burnt f-7

I was thinking of doing diorama of a burnt F-7 or something similiar or at least a scrapped one. I dont want to get into a wrecked one. Maybe one missing some common parts or something not too involved. Anyone having any good photos that would help it would be appreciated. I found this one and...
  12. FunValleyLine

Could use some diesel ID help

I have 2 diesels I wish to list on ebay and could use help knowing what to call them. Thanks in advance!!! First one is PRR it is dark green and is a Rivarossi made in Italy chassis. Second one is Central Railroad Company of New Jersey and it say made in Austria.
  13. FunValleyLine

Last trip to LHS and I am not moving.

I have made my last trip to either of the local hobby shops. I am not moving to a city that has a decent one. I buy some online and buy and sell on ebay. I will now be doing everything online or ebaying. If any of you own a LHS I would be interested in dealing with you rather than just...
  14. FunValleyLine

Anyone care to identify some locos for me

I have several locos and some cars that I am getting ready to list. You guys seem so good at knowing what the diesels are. Hoping someone will help me know what to list them as? Anyone care to give an idea as to a starting price? They all run and I plan on replacing driver bands soon.
  15. FunValleyLine

Kadee question and LHS trip today

I went to the LHS today to get some couplers and some dull coat. After searching hi and low I found the last bottle and last spray can of dull coat. I asked when he was getting more because I wanted another can of spray. He said he might if he thought to order some next month. I then...
  16. FunValleyLine

Close ups of some buildings in progress

Here are some close ups of some things in progress. My slaughter house and stockyard An ice house and outhouse Home heating oil facility. closeup of a handlaid rock wall. Gravel road into town. Handlaid stone wall. Woodland Scenics chicken coop. Woodland Scenics Ernie's Fruit...
  17. FunValleyLine

A Start on Backdrops

I took an overhead projector and made some simple mountain drawings. Then I brushed and sponged for a bit. I have alot to do yet. Sorry the last 2 picts are so dark will try again this weekend. But let me know what you think? There will be trees along the wall on top of the rock cut for the...
  18. FunValleyLine

A Hinged Fold Up Walkthru

I started with a hinged drop down but that didnt work out well with my trestles and bridges on it. So here are some pictures of what I did. The right side rests on a full width stop. The hinges are above the height of the track so it doesnt bind. I used rerailers on the layout side to secure...
  19. FunValleyLine

Home Heating Oil Facility for a small space

This is a small home heating oil facility from a kit. I had an area with enough room for a siding. I primed the tanks with cheap gray primer and then rubbed on some grimmy black and used one of the instant rust products. The platforms and ladders are plastic and I rubbed them down with some...
  20. FunValleyLine

Fun Valley Line Photos

This is my 24'x24' layout that I refer to so much. The era is late 50s to early 60s and you could say it lays somewhere between Virginia and Pa. as there is no prototype. I started March 2005 and need to do some updated pictures but that will have to wait a week or two do to time constraints...

Back