Search results

1. mrstargate

N scale kerosene lantern that flickers

This should work: https://youtu.be/BbPerakQt88
  2. mrstargate

Thanks flyboy. I was wondering if the 'public' setting on the video would make it accessible to anyone, but apparently not. I'll see about resurrecting an old youtube account I used to have. I definitely would not have a facebook account myself if it weren't to serve business purposes. I've...
  3. mrstargate

Well took me a little while to get back here...work keeping me busy and in the middle of a move. Good thing about that is now I'll actually have the space to start working on a layout...yay! So here's a video of the flickering lantern. I didn't realize how hard it would be to actually capture...
  4. mrstargate

Hello from Durango, Colorado

Thanks for the welcome np2626. I wasn't aware of the Cumbres and Toltec...I'll have to look into that. Yes after being here for over 20 years now I'm definitely not tired of the incredible beauty all around me.
  5. mrstargate

Thank you gents and a pleasure to meet you all. Yes, living in Durango, and before that Grass Valley, CA in the heart of Gold Country has definitely infused me with a love for mines and railroads. While I won't necessarily be a stickler for historic or railroad accuracy, I do have plenty of real...
  6. mrstargate

Thank you! I found that the intro disappears when I attempt to create a link to this post. Luckily I was able to recover the text and repost my intro.
  7. mrstargate

My apologies, but I've made a couple of attempt to hyperlink to my first post in the projects forum and each time I do my entire introduction disappears. If the moderator would please delete those first two blank intros I would appreciate that! ---------------- Greetings everyone! The train bug...
  8. mrstargate

Hi all! I'm new to the forum and have posted my intro. So as I mentioned in my intro I'm working toward an N scale mining layout based on the Possum Valley logging layout. I've pictured in my mind many times how certain scenes of the layout will look, and quickly realized that because of the era...
  9. mrstargate

Greeting everyone! The train bug re-bit me a couple of years ago and then I moved to a house that didn't really allow me the room to work my hobby, let alone build a layout. I'm pretty new to model railroading although I did play with train sets a lot as a kid. Well I just couldn't stand it any...

Back