Search results

1. N

No sound in DCC...heelp please.

I have an NCE Powercab, a BLI Paragon 3 Steamer and one steam loco converted to DCC with sound using Digitrax. The BLI loco starts and stops with F9. F8 is mute. The converted loco starts and stops with 0
  2. N

Chuff and steam loco sounds without movement.

I have been all up and down with CV-133 and I think the closest was with a setting of 125, based on trial and error. That is where I am now. There is no syncro cam and the white wire is clipped off. I did hear back from Digitrax and they said to increase the starting voltage which I did...
  3. N

My CV 58 is already on 15.
  4. N

I have the SDH166D. I believe the difference is mine is 8 bit and the X is 16. I will check CV-58. Are you satisfied with the sound on yours?
  5. N

The holes are drilled through the coal. The sugar cube speaker has no cone. It is flat and neatly snaps into the enclosure. Check the link I attached previously. The speaker sits on top of the decoder held in place with double sided tape. The sound is a bit crisper than the original Digitrax...
  6. N

It was already set to 10. I tried 15 with no change. I kept increasing it by 10's and 20's and got up to 100. At that point, the loco started immediately on step one. Looks like this might be the answer. I will start dropping it a little at a time until I can get a soft start. I will let...
  7. N

No, the motor isn't running, just the sound. Once the juice is turned up, the loco starts to move.
  8. N

I got their enclosure. The speaker snaps in.
  9. N

The speaker was mounted in the tender, which had several holes drilled in it. It was actually small enough to mount in the cab roof if I wanted to but I had already drilled the holes for the Digitrax speaker. https://tonystrains.com/product/tds-supersonic-small-speaker/
  10. N

I have converted one of my DC steam locos to Digitrax DCC with sound. On this loco, in particular, The chuff and stuff starts before the loco starts to move, which is about 10 on the controller. It will sit there chuffing away at a good clip without any movement unless I shut it down or wind...
  11. N

Runaway Train

Well, my runaway train saga is ongoing. BMI said to reset the decoder and the controller. I did both and the loco seemed to be back in good order. After an hour or so of running over a couple of days, I sensed that slight change in sound indicating a slight speed up and subsequent slowdown...
  12. N

Runaway Train

Did you send it back to BLI? If so, how long before it was returned?
  13. N

Runaway Train

I have a BLI 282 PRR steam locomotive with Paragon 3 sound. I use a NCE Powercab controller. I have only owned the loco for a few months and all has been well. Recently, I noticed that sometimes the loco would bog down slightly, as evidenced by the chuff sound change. I thought it was maybe...
  14. N

Thoughts on smoke

As far as I can tell, Mega-Steam doesn't leave an oily film behind like Bachmann or baby oil.
  15. N

Thoughts on smoke

If you could see what Mega-Steam in a Seuthe smoke generator looks like, it will change your mind about wimpy smoke. Mine work so well that with two locomotives running and smoking, the train area of the basement got so smokey, I had to install a power ventilator with 6 inch ducting to vent the...
  16. N

Thoughts on smoke

I have amassed 9 steam locomotives from various brands and have converted non-smokers to smoke and updated smokers to a better smoke unit. I have tried different brands of smoke fluid. Bachmann fluids are OK but Seuthe fluid is much better and is edged out by Mega-Steam. I have also tried...
  17. N

HO Scale Autos and Trucks

Where did you score the Stud?
  18. N

HO Scale Autos and Trucks

From what I have read, Matchbox cars were never intended to be a particular scale. They were made to fit the matchbox they came in. I have a few Matchbox cars and putting them next to true HO scale vehicles, there is a world of difference.
  19. N

Converting Ho Layout To N Scale.

Apparently, it is protected because I can't copy it. I will keep trying different ways.
  20. N

Converting Ho Layout To N Scale.

It's Heartland Farms.

Back