Search results

1. C

Walschaerts Valve Gear w/o Combination Lever?

Hey everyone! I've finally finished the geometry and calculations for my G Scale 4-6-0 Live steamer project. Tricky getting things to work together and still be able to be manufacturable by myself. I designed a Walschaerts valve gear, but didn't put in a combination lever. With almost no...
  2. C

Kato Zephyr DCC?

Hey everyone, I just picked up the Kato Silver Streak Zephyr 6 piece set, with the EMD5A loco. Does anyone know what DCC Sound board will be a close to drop in fit? Or at least minimal modification required? Thanks Cade
  3. C

What could happen?

Of course there's still that chance of mistake, but if I always remember to keep the middle track dead, I don't think I'll be making that mistake!
  4. C

What could happen?

Thank you all for your input! Here's what I've decided to do... In order to simplify my blocks around the turnouts and the station, I've made 4 different center-off switches. Each switch will switch between DC and DCC, so that I can run either a conventional loco or a DCC loco on any rail...
  5. C

What could happen?

Would it interfere with the DCC Control to put diodes in line to prevent the DC from ever reaching the command station? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. C

What could happen?

Thanks for the reply! I have it setup so that it it physically impossible to connect the DC to the DCC rail, unless I short the two tracks out, or run a loco through a switch accidentally when I didn't mean to. I'm using the Dynamis by Bachmann, I don't think it can run DC trains, but as long...
  7. C

What could happen?

I'm aware it's much safer to do it all one way or the other... the I have quite a few old locomotives where it would be almost impossible to convert to DCC. The Dynamis detects shorts and cuts the power to the track if it detects a short of any kind. As long as I'm careful with my switch...
  8. C

What could happen?

Thanks for the reply! I have it setup so that it it physically impossible to connect the DC to the DCC rail, unless I short the two tracks out, or run a loco through a switch accidentally when I didn't mean to. I'm using the Dynamis by Bachmann, I don't think it can run DC trains, but as long...
  9. C

What could happen?

Hey everyone. I'm working on my new N scale layout and am building a control box that can switch the tracks between conventional DC power and DCC power. My question though is: What would happen if I accidentally put a DCC equipped locomotive on a DC track? or vise versa... My assumption is...
  10. C

N Scale J Class DCC Lights Issue

One issue is the lights... you need all the resistors to power the LEDs without burning them up. If you could figure out what Resistors are needed, or replace the LEDs with ones you DO know what you need for, you could do that. I don't believe the motor has any resistors or capacitors in line...
  11. C

Thanks for the reply! I did a lot of troubleshooting and discovered it IS for sure a faulty PCB in the tender of the locomotive. I disconnected the engine from the tender and the reverse light worked in both directions. So I unplugged the decoder from the forward light control... and the...
  12. C

Hello! I just installed a SoundTraxx Micro Tsunami in my Bachmann N Scale J Class locomotive. This is my first time using DCC, and I was very excited on how easy everything was to setup and get going! I'm having a problem with the lights however.... in forward, the forward AND Reverse light...

Back