Search results

1. MIRailFan

Locomotive color question

So iv'e recently liked the Great Lakes Central color scheme that they have currently, but what is the actual color code for the blue and white? Any help is appreciated, getting my ducks in a row for the winter!
  2. MIRailFan

HO and N scale's

So iv'e been doing some thinking and it just seems that the space required for the track plan i'm happy with takes up too much space then i have in HO scale, now i know that everyone said's to use N scale when space in an issue but is it going to be difficult to model and repaint locomotives...
  3. MIRailFan

The GRE Short line

Hi all, This is going to be my first layout build Thread for my GRAND RAPIDS EASTERN Short line. I thought this would be a good time to start one since ive placed my first of many orders from Modeltrainstuff.com. So far i have coming is -Medium grey ballest from woodland scenic's -Mixed...
  4. MIRailFan

Best track?

Hi all, As a lot of you know i'm working on my first layout and while looking online at track and using Atlas's track planning program i see there's a few different type's, Code 70, Code 83, and Code 100. So what are the difference's? Pros and Cons?
  5. MIRailFan

Rare model train collection in Queensland

A friend of mine shared this on facebook and i thought it needed to be showed here. https://www.facebook.com/abcnews.au/videos/10155978318264988/ Here's the article on it http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-28/rare-model-train-collection-donated-ipswich-museum/8100116
  6. MIRailFan

Starting an HO collection question's

So i have been thinking about what's the best way to start collecting HO scale equipment like Loco's, rolling stock, etc. Now iv'e done some looking around and see Bachmann has DC and DCC train sets, are those worth the 500$ as a starting point? Or should i look at buying individual loco's and...
  7. MIRailFan

My O scale train

Here's a few pics of my O scale Lionel train that used to be my dads that my grandparents got him when he was young. I just threw this set up together to have a little fun, unfortunately the engine doesn't work anymore.
  8. MIRailFan

New to the Forum

Hey guys, I'm Zack, and i have been interested in model railroading for quite some time now. Currently i don't have a layout but i have a few trains of different scales, O and N scale at the moment and i think i have an HO coal car somewhere:confused:. I'm also not new to collecting either...

Back