Search results

1. MIRailFan

Locomotive color question

Thanks guys! Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  2. MIRailFan

Locomotive color question

So iv'e recently liked the Great Lakes Central color scheme that they have currently, but what is the actual color code for the blue and white? Any help is appreciated, getting my ducks in a row for the winter!
  3. MIRailFan

HO and N scale's

Alight I'll stick to HO, I'll have to re work my plans to have it fit in the space o have to work with Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  4. MIRailFan

HO and N scale's

So iv'e been doing some thinking and it just seems that the space required for the track plan i'm happy with takes up too much space then i have in HO scale, now i know that everyone said's to use N scale when space in an issue but is it going to be difficult to model and repaint locomotives...
  5. MIRailFan

Photo heavy-Lansing MRR OPEN House

Dang it! Didn't know that was this weekend or I would have stopped by, be meaning to see that layout, might have to wait till I move to Lansing this summer. Thanks for sharing! Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  6. MIRailFan

The GRE Short line

I'm bursting at the seams with excitement! like a kid in a candy shop............. Anyways, i forgot to add a picture of the proposed layout setup I'm going for the modular style layout so when i move it will be easy to do so and i'll be in a apartment or townhouse and i don't think they would...
  7. MIRailFan

The GRE Short line

Hi all, This is going to be my first layout build Thread for my GRAND RAPIDS EASTERN Short line. I thought this would be a good time to start one since ive placed my first of many orders from Modeltrainstuff.com. So far i have coming is -Medium grey ballest from woodland scenic's -Mixed...
  8. MIRailFan

Best track?

Thanks Mark, I will continue to have fun and enjoy every step of making a layout, and i just bought a licensed copy of AnyRail 6 to use and see how i like the set up. I was going to make a build thread but i think its a little to early for that seeing I'm not starting anything for at least 3...
  9. MIRailFan

Best track?

yeah i'm going with Code 83 flex track and Atlas custom line turnouts.
  10. MIRailFan

Best track?

Nope your the first to say what the Code numbers mean!, Thanks jeff.
  11. MIRailFan

Best track?

Thanks Guys!!
  12. MIRailFan

Best track?

Thanks for the info Selector. Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  13. MIRailFan

Best track?

Thanks Willie for the info, I'll look at those topics and go from there. Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  14. MIRailFan

Best track?

ok, yeah i saw those too. yeah i'm by no means in a hurry, i'll wait and see what others say.
  15. MIRailFan

Best track?

OK, I saw Peco and Shinohare turnouts also while looking at track online, my guess is either one of those are better than the atlas ones? So Code 83 nickle silver flex track either Peco or Shinohare and the mating brand turnouts.
  16. MIRailFan

Best track?

Hi all, As a lot of you know i'm working on my first layout and while looking online at track and using Atlas's track planning program i see there's a few different type's, Code 70, Code 83, and Code 100. So what are the difference's? Pros and Cons?
  17. MIRailFan

Starting an HO collection question's

That is true, I'm actually planing on going to look around the track area and figure out rolling stock its been a while since I've seen any. Yeah I've done a 2 tone paint scheme before but using spray cans instead of an airbrush. OK, I like the idea someone said above about a 2ft shelf...
  18. MIRailFan

Rare model train collection in Queensland

I agree with you Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
  19. MIRailFan

What i've gathered so far is there's CSX T and NS are the big ones then there's the short lines like Grand Rapids Eastern and i think its Lake Shore RR along the lake. yeah i'm going to have to either paint the locos or get someone to do it for me, the main color scheme is red and white and...
  20. MIRailFan

I want to build a layout one day when i have the room to do so. I want to model the local short line near me but about 50% is gone due to "rails to trails" and the other 50% is not used very much so it makes it a little difficult to figure out all the details of when it was in full use back in...

Back