Search results

1. ScottoT

Milestone Reached

This afternoon I finally reached a milestone of getting my first roadbed pinned and glued down to my yard portion of my layout. I've decided to put N scale roadbed down for the yard and sidings and of course H0 scale for my mainline and dogbones.
  2. ScottoT

Question about working with foam board and paper

Hi guys, I've committed myself to using 1" foam board on top of 1/4" plywood as the top for my benchwork. As you can see in this picture below. I am printing out my track plan and placing it on to the foam, to ensure I have the track cut, and placed where I want it according to design...
  3. ScottoT

Ballasting/weathering track....what about re-railers

When it comes to re-railers on the layout what do you guys do to them on your layout?
  4. ScottoT

Track plan being printed

I've started printing out my track plan so that I can start getting track down.
  5. ScottoT

Benchwork done. Now what??

I know it's a stupid question, but....what comes next. Now that I have the benchwork complete I have to lay track, wire it, get scenery started all that stuff. This is my first build. Until now I have only had an oval EZ-track to run trains on. So I have never faced moving on from the...
  6. ScottoT

Layout benchwork Complete!

Last night I finished the construction of the benchwork. Time for laying track and wiring, then scenery, ballasting painting all that good stuff. (and not in that order, if I am smart. - it's questionable.
  7. ScottoT

Weathering track

How many people feel the need to at least grime up your track on your layout, if not do a complete weathering job? My benchwork is now 90% complete and I am just wondering if doing such a thing is necessary? Thanks for the comments and thought on this question Scott
  8. ScottoT

Layout Progress.

I'm sure that quite a few of you suspected that I had fallen off the grid or given up on building my layout. Well, actually I have been quite busy. When I last posted I had the backdrop wall built IMG-8542, and then the wall benchwork DSC-0185 From there I got the right hand side peninsula...
  9. ScottoT

Benchwork Construction Phase 1 Complete

I've got the first 2 sections of my layout benchwork complete. Two 3' x 8' sections that will butt together to complete a 3' x 16' or 48 Sq Ft of layout space. I've also included some rough placement of track and yard in this series of pictures.
  10. ScottoT

Construction, FINALLY

So I finally have construction started on my layout. The delays were in part financial and part mismanagement of assets ie; not purchasing a dehumidifier. Anyway here is a quick refresher of the basement.
  11. ScottoT

Anyone needing turnouts?

I found these just lying around today, of course scale might be an issue:rolleyes:
  12. ScottoT

Peco Flex Track?

I've got a question about making curves with Peco 36" flex track (probably any other brands as well). I'm trying to plot my layout using Anyrail program, and the smallest radius turn the program is allowing me to create is a 48" radius curve = a 96" circle which is far too big for my 16.5' x...
  13. ScottoT

Sandpaper for sanding off excess joint compound

I've put a background "wall" of plywood up against my cinder block basement foundation wall, to act as insulation and a background. I needed to apply a filler for where the edges didn't meet square and to fill the screw holes. I used joint compound to do so, now I am at the point of sanding it...
  14. ScottoT

Kind of off Topic, but still layout related.

I'm preparing for my basement layout build - if you've been following my posts. Anyway. I'm working in an unfinished basement. I'm concerned with the effects of humidity on my track, or bench work etc. I've spent time putting up framework for foam insulation. The 1" foam insulation I have...
  15. ScottoT

Looking for??

I've seen on numerous Club layouts and a few individual as well that they have the Athearn Auto Max auto rack cars. They have stopped production on those and as far as my research has found, are not planning on another run. I am looking to add one to my auto-rack collection, so if any of...
  16. ScottoT

Layout "progress".

Hey everyone. I've been on here asking numerous questions for months but despite no physical progress being made I have found a layout plan that will work in my space and I've made up my mind about the benchwork style I will be using. I'm going with a modified version of the Pelle Soeborg...
  17. ScottoT

Asking for help with my basement Layout plan.

These are images of what I want to try and build and re-create for my layout design. The area I am looking to be able to use is an area of 19' wide with 11' height. The first photo insert shows my approximate room area with very rough bench work placement. I have left an open area in the upper...
  18. ScottoT

Been working on assembling and weathering strutctures

A while ago I purchased the Walther's Cornerston Penn Yard tower, and built that, and decided to practice my airbrush by weathering it.
  19. ScottoT

Adding details to buildings and layout

Hey guys, I am a LONG way away from getting to the point of needing to add details to my layout, but how many of you have people in your scenes? I haven't spent a lot of time looking at video's on Youtube of completed layouts, but I did just look at a video on Model RR academy's Youtube...

Back