Search results

1. ScottoT

Milestone Reached

Thanks for asking. I just posted an updated picture.
  2. ScottoT

Milestone Reached

Here is where the yard sits as of tonight with roadbed down. I've got to piece together sections to complete the bed for the turnouts. I've got some of the pieces of track cut to size for the yard, but I need to solder them together and then weather them, as well as drilling out places for my...
  3. ScottoT

Milestone Reached

It sure is!
  4. ScottoT

Milestone Reached

This afternoon I finally reached a milestone of getting my first roadbed pinned and glued down to my yard portion of my layout. I've decided to put N scale roadbed down for the yard and sidings and of course H0 scale for my mainline and dogbones.
  5. ScottoT

Question about working with foam board and paper

That is really what I was looking for! Thank you. There's a menards just down the street
  6. ScottoT

My next step is figuring out what the best adhesive to use to glue my track to the foam (in the yards) and the cork roadbed to the foam insulation for the mainlines.
  7. ScottoT

Thanks Mike. I was thinking that might be an idea or something like it. I appreciate your suggestion.
  8. ScottoT

Hi guys, I've committed myself to using 1" foam board on top of 1/4" plywood as the top for my benchwork. As you can see in this picture below. I am printing out my track plan and placing it on to the foam, to ensure I have the track cut, and placed where I want it according to design...
  9. ScottoT

Ballasting/weathering track....what about re-railers

When it comes to re-railers on the layout what do you guys do to them on your layout?
  10. ScottoT

Track plan being printed

I went in and told the program to "show" page numbers. My goal was to identify each piece of track in a numerical sequence, and then made sure that each page that piece of track was on it was identified by its number. So to achieve this, I had the "show text" box checked for when I printed...
  11. ScottoT

Track plan being printed

I used AnyRail.
  12. ScottoT

Track plan being printed

I've started printing out my track plan so that I can start getting track down.
  13. ScottoT

Layout Progress.

wow that is impressive. The one I have based mine on, near my house is strictly end of track loading. https://www.google.com/maps/@42.9826696,-83.7261615,146m/data=!3m1!1e3
  14. ScottoT

Layout Progress.

I will be adding a fascia along the outside of my framework to cover up the imperfections of my build.
  15. ScottoT

Benchwork done. Now what??

I will be using cork roadbed. But knowing that the paint can serve as an adhesive is something I had never considered before. Cool idea for reference.
  16. ScottoT

Tony, I always look forward to your comments and for your assistance, suggestions and critiques. This forum is full of YEARS of experience that when asked will help me eliminate "rookie" mistakes, and help keep my frustration and discouragement levels manageable. Personally I'd rather ask a...
  17. ScottoT

Here are some pictures of my layout build

I want to see more! that bench work was spectacular
  18. ScottoT

I know it's a stupid question, but....what comes next. Now that I have the benchwork complete I have to lay track, wire it, get scenery started all that stuff. This is my first build. Until now I have only had an oval EZ-track to run trains on. So I have never faced moving on from the...
  19. ScottoT

Layout benchwork Complete!

Hi Ken, there are a couple area's that will be harder to reach but I have a step-stool to use when needed. The ones on the LH side are harder to reach than the right. On the LH side there will be a grain silo on a siding, and so that area will be road and farmland, so there won't be a great...
  20. ScottoT

Layout benchwork Complete!

Last night I finished the construction of the benchwork. Time for laying track and wiring, then scenery, ballasting painting all that good stuff. (and not in that order, if I am smart. - it's questionable.

Back