Search results

1. G

Tyco Clementine

Swapped out the brushes and motor still does not turn, headlight still works.
  2. G

Tyco Clementine

THanks for all the help! I did not know that brushes could go bad! I have a tyco diesel with the same set up that I ccould not get to run as well!
  3. G

Tyco Clementine

The armature does not turn. but the headlight works! The gears are not binding, the wheels are clean! They are basically the same as the Auraura cars I had as a kid. It is a shame that those armatures don't fit! I haven't tried the newer Afx cars. The diameter of the pinion is too large and...
  4. G

Tyco Clementine

The wheels move freely that is not binding!
  5. G

Tyco Clementine

I put a battery to the copper contacts and the bulb loghts up but it does not move and the gears do move!
  6. G

Tyco Clementine

Tyco Clementine! I put a different engine on it and it ran fine! I believe that this one just overheated and died! The fact that it has a metal block makes modification difficult! I gotta quit buying off of ebay!
  7. G

Tyco Clementine

Hello! I just got a Tyco Clementine and it ran fine for four laps on my test track and now it has died. The headlamp works but the drive tender is dead! Any suggestions before I begin to dismantle this thing? Help would be appreciated!
  8. G

Hello!

I shall do that! Thank You! And I Thank You for the Welcome!
  9. G

Hello!

My name is Gary and I recently moved back to San Antonio from Phoenix in the nick of time as last Sunday it hit 120 degrees... I found my locomotives from when I was in High School and have started amassing track, rolling stock and a few more Diesel engines. So I will be seeking help and advice...
  10. G

MR magazine!

Wow! Many Thanks! And sorry for your loses as well! I am glad I found this Forum! I got some new used rolling stock from ebay today. A mix of old Lionel and a few Bachmann. This is going to be fun! I am going to call one side Scottie Junction! I still need to get more switches I think I...
  11. G

MR magazine!

Yes he was a Collie! THank You! The Chattanoogas I got cheap so I enjoy them. I have been buying the older locos, cant afford the dcc stuff right now but who knows, maybe later! Scottie used to watch me play guitar, my other dogs would get up and leave the room! I guess I got better! LOL...
  12. G

MR magazine!

Thank you for the response! It was in a bin that I bought from a guy on craigslist who buys storage units at auctions. I got a lot of good stuff and a lot of it is rolling stock kits from Athearn. I have a few diesels that I picked up from ebay and am having trouble figuring out how they come...
  13. G

MR magazine!

I just got a hold of a Model Railroader magazine from 1956! From June, the cover says "Bluebook; how to buy and use a motor tool". Can anyone tell me what this is worth. Atlas switches were $1.50 each back then. I also have a Pola building kit that is a hardware store called "BayWa" that...

Back