Search results

1. M

Welcome to the Maine Highlands Railroad

Haven't been doing too much - winter blahs I guess. My latest project was this HO Flag Stop kit from Laser Art Structures. I envision it as a drop off/pick up point for people headed to a tourist hotel. At least for those who didn't want to drive. They will arrive in a single passenger car...
  2. M

Now some pictures of Tony's Trackside Café. This final shot shows Mom getting directions to an as yet to be determined location while Dad hoists their son on his shoulders to watch the C&NW 1078 roll by as it prepared to spot a couple of cars at the lumber yard. Again as always...
  3. M

It's been a while since I posted anything. Problems with uploading pictures to my computer. Seems it is fixed - at least for now so onto the pictures. I will put these in two posts due to the four picture limit (why is that anyway?). The first picture is an overview of the scene including...
  4. M

Well done.
  5. M

Here are some photos of Buzz's Sawmill. This is a Woodland Scenics built & ready kit. I know, but I really wanted a sawmill to fill that spot on the layout and this fit and looked perfect. Still some work to do on the scene - toning down the gravel road and some weeds and such. Can you...
  6. M

Hey Sauced07, I always keep thinking that today will be the day I paint some rails but that day never seems to come. Sooner or later it will. In the past I have used Floquil enamel paint markers. I don't even know if they still make them. Thanks for your input, Dave
  7. M

Here's another 3 pictures of Clayton County Lumber - And a teaser for the next group of pictures - As always - comments and suggestions always welcome. Dave
  8. M

I don't know if a track plan will ever be possible. I pretty much started slapping down track and went were it took me. I will try to come up with at least a rudimentary plan for you. I love fall trees also - they add color to the layout. Especially if you model a summer to fall type period...
  9. M

Promised some pictures - First group will be of the Birch Cabins - a popular getaway spot. Especially for railfans as trains pass by as they head over the river. The scene is located in the upper left portion of the layout looking from the doorway of the train room. (I will have to find a...
  10. M

Apologies on my lack of attention. No excuse. I have been making progress on the layout and I promise to post some pictures this weekend. To answer the questions from Gene. It's a continuous run layout with a small yard. DCC. Size? Hard to say but it fills up most of a 10x15 foot room. I'm using...
  11. M

Promised I would try to get some night pictures for you so here they are - maybe they will get some reaction. Dave
  12. M

Hi all - I've got some more pictures for you. These are of the Campbell Scale Models Campbell Supply Company. I love this kit. This is the third time I have built it in the past 20 years. The wires you see are part of Woodland Scenics just plug lighting system The wire coming from the small...
  13. M

The Maine Highlands is my latest layout. It is a fictional railroad located in north/central Maine. Since my greatest joy is just watching the trains travel through wooded areas that will be what I hope to accomplish with this layout. I started construction back in May. The benchwork is from...
  14. M

Hello from Maine

Hi everyone, My name is Dave and nearing my 66th birthday. I have been a model railroader for as long as I can remember. When I was little my Dad had an HO layout which intrigued my 5 year old self. My Dad gave up his layout as we moved from Chicago to the suburbs and life took over. I was...

Back