Search results

1. L

AC4400 under the hood. Decoder help

So this is what's in my athearn dcc ready loco. I see an 8 pin plug which I'm assuming I put my decoder into but what is thing all the colored wires run to? And what decoder should be used. I want to try and squeeze sound in it also. Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
  2. L

Coupler airline clearance to track

So I have noticed running on my track that my airlines that hang down from the coupler catch on the track causing derailments. Anyone else have this issue? Would adjusting coupler height be the route to take to solve this issue? Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
  3. L

NCE Power cab and DC loco's

Trying to find info on running a DC loco with a power cab. Any one know if and how you can?
  4. L

Kato vs atlas track

What are some pros and cons of both. They both offer a track kit that would get me started in doing the type of track set up that I want to do. I'm gonna be doing a 6X8 or 8X8 table in my basement with a two oval mainline and industrial in the middle some switches and then a rail yard. It will...
  5. L

ac4400 and other questions

Im just getting started with model R&R and I am looking to get a decoder for my Athearn ac4400 that is dcc ready and a controller for dcc. I do have a bachmann gp40 and their ez dcc controller ordered but I feel that isnt the way I want to go once I build a bigger layout, I bought it just to...
  6. L

Hey everyone, new to model railroading!

Hey folks I am new to this and just getting my feet wet. Just have a basic layout getting a feel for everything. It's a bachmann setup with ez track which I am going to ditch when I build a better setup. I have a bnsf gp40 and a bnsf ac4400. The ac4400 is DCC ready I just need to put the DCC...

Back