Search results

1. nycentral57

Trucks

What are the best trucks to purchase for Rolling Stock. I seem to have problems with the majority of trucks on my trains. Thanks Rob...
  2. nycentral57

The Best Wheels and trucks

Can I get some opinions on Trucks and or wheels? When you purchase a new train any rolling stock, and you decide to put on some good trucks "What do you purchase to give your new train that really good ride? I would like to know what you think is the very best and what you consider good enough...
  3. nycentral57

Flywheel armature

Hello Fellows I'm in need of some help. I have a HO Rivarossi C 420 that's missing a (for lack of a better name) flywheel armature. Well it's the piece that connects the flywheel to the truck gears. I don't know how or where I could I could go to get a spare one. I looked on ebay but I don't...
  4. nycentral57

Hesitation and plain old wont move.

Hello my friends I have a question for you fella's who know how to fix these dang engines. I have an engine that wont move. When you apply the throttle it gets power just fine but it just sits there humming. Has anyone ever fixed a problem like this?
  5. nycentral57

Ihc sd-24

Howdy My Railroad Friends I recently purchased a IHC SD-24 (Rio Grande) on eBay. It's a beautiful engine and runs Excellent. I have only one complaint. And that is, it's just too light. It actually feels like a dummy engine. Can I get some suggestions on how I can add some additional weight to...
  6. nycentral57

Hello from South Jersey

Hello Railfans all over the world. I am from South Jersey and have been into model railroading since the age of 10 ( That would be 49 years now). My main roads are New York Central and Reading and some B & O on the side. Actually I never met a road I didn't like. I am presently just starting my...
  7. nycentral57

How to identify Geeps and or SD's from one another

Does anyone know of a sure way to identify GP and or SD locomotives from each other. (Example a GP9 has 3 exhaust fans on her roof, while a GP20 has only 2. I thought it was in the number of fans they had on the roof. Is there a website I could go to and study pictures to learn this. Robert.....

Back