Search results

1. NYC_George

Some progress on Georgetown North

I finished up some of the other projects I had going now it time to finish up Georgetown north's building and track work. I have the street and building all arranged the next step is street and building lights. George
  2. NYC_George

The best Stay-Alive combo and problems

I posted this thread a while ago but recently learned some problems with the installation. I bought a 2 Scale Trains loco with Lok Sound decoders. I love the locos but the factory installed Keep Alive doesn't seem too adequate. It may keep everything powered for maybe a 1/2 second if the loco...
  3. NYC_George

1/2 scale 3D caboose project

More progress on my 3D caboose project. More railing and grab irons to install plus the coupler and air hose. George
  4. NYC_George

Main Street Janesville

5. NYC_George

Engine servicing facility almost done

Other than some detailing on the coaling, sanding towers and adding some fueling stations for the freight engines my engine servicing facility is almost complete. I also need to buy some end of track bumpers or make some. I did not what to commit a large area of the layout for this purpose, so I...
  6. NYC_George

New Code 100 to code 83 method

I tried to create a method of joining code 100 to code 83 before that didn't work out very well but after watching a video on the subject this time it works. I just changed a few things in the video. The video says file down the code 100 track until just a small portion is left. Then he says to...
  7. NYC_George

Twin deck girders update from my build back better project

I decided the twin deck girders from my build back better project should be placed here in the structures and building forum. There's a few more items that need to be added, that is railing, lights for the concrete car bridge, swampy water, cattails, concrete weathering, more chain link fencing...
  8. NYC_George

My build back better plan

Not to be associated with other build back plans. There's no borrowing money with this plan. Over the years I transformed my double main upper and lower deck layout to a signal track railroad. It's a long story how this came about but last month I tried to change it back. It wasn't working out...
  9. NYC_George

NH C425's coming out of the yard & on to it's train.

These are the NH C425 engines I changed over to Lok Sound decoders. Their coming out of the engine house yard and on to their awaiting train. If you notice the split in the round house benchwork section it comes apart in case I move some day. George
  10. NYC_George

Repairing my crossing gates

So a while back I was working on some wiring under my layout and my screw driver hit my Logic Rail grade crossing pro module shorting it out ruining both boards. I learned my lesson don't have the power on when working on live wiring. With all my other projects finished I decided to call Logic...
  11. NYC_George

Warning Lok Sound download to TCS board

The other day I installed a 21 pin Lok Sound decoder on a 21 pin TCS WOW mother board. A friend of mine decided to do the same but had some problems with the installation. He called Lok Sound and they told him the mating will work but do not try to download a new sound into the decoder while...
  12. NYC_George

Finished up my NH C425 decoder installation.

I finally finished up my 21 pin Lok Sound decoder installation mated up with a TCS WOW AK_MB1 mother board. Nothing is in the shell. I tried to be as neat as possible. The loco is one of 3 in a consist so I didn't bother with a rear headlight. It never get used. It sounds great. I swapped out...
  13. NYC_George

ESU 21 Pin MTC adapter board

I was wandering has anyone bought one of these boards? They seem to adopt a 8 pin decoder to a 21 pin mother board. I have some TCS 21 pin mother boards and would like to plug in a Lok Sound 8 pin decoder into it. George
  14. NYC_George

Getting my backdrop done

Now that my bridge & control panel projects are finished I turned to finishing my back drop. Most of it is all ready done but there's still lots to do. I start with a posted board I bought at the dollar store. There only 0.50 cent per board there. Then I buy the paint at Michaels 0.88 cent per...
  15. NYC_George

Creating a layout plan drawing in Paint

If you don't have software to create a layout plan and wish to show others your work. You can use the paint program that comes with Windows to do this. I used it to create the plan for my control panel. It takes a little thinking but it's easy once you get the hang of it. George
  16. NYC_George

New Control Panel Started

So after my bridge projects got done and new switches and switch control motors were added it was time to add toggle switches. That meant getting under the layout sitting on the floor and added them to my control panel. Then I thought there's more switches coming in the future so maybe I should...
  17. NYC_George

Bridge after bridge after bridge

I was looking at some prototype bridge walkways when I found this video of bridge after bridge after bridge across the Mississippi river. Your on the back of the train great view. If you like bridges click on the link below. George
  18. NYC_George

100 car reverse loop project done

I've been stalling on adding a reverse loop to my lower deck for some time. I needed one that reverses at least a 80 car train. These are the trains that come down from the helix and need to be reverse so they can head back to the upper deck if needed. Since the spot I picked was one of my old...
  19. NYC_George

Setting the Keep Alive timer for LOK-Sound decoders

I just found this out tonight. I was testing out my reverse loop with a few engines. That is running them through the neutral area then removing them form the track when I noticed the locos with a Lok Sound decoders didn't run as long TCS locos when removed. I thought maybe the installed TCS...
  20. NYC_George

More to AR units then I thought

I'm finally getting around to installing a AR unit so I can reverse my trains after coming off my signal track helix. My old helix had double tracks so there was no need for a AR unit, but because of the NY hurricane that flooded my basement about 7 years I needed to move my helix and when I did...

Back