Search results

1. Lack barry

How do I add pictures to a post?

Not sure to post this here.. . But.. . What formats can be posted here? Such as; Doc, GIFF, HTML, PDF, TIF, AVI, BMP, JPEG, etc? Thanks, J B
  2. Lack barry

Looking at a Woodland Scenics Layout Kit

I can relate. Went to HO from n Scale because deteriorating eye sight and slightly shaky hands I needed something bigger. Selling off my n Scale stuff was a traumatic experience. My Physical deteriorating condition has gotten much worse🎻🎻🎻🎻 So now I am selling all my HO stuff. Kato Unitrack is...
  3. Lack barry

Dumb questions or not

Thanks folks. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, Been gone for a while. Happy "Play Trains" That is what my old partner and I you to say to each other when is was time hit the layout!🚂
  4. Lack barry

Dumb questions or not

What kind of foam (the black stuff) is used in the box that new locos come in? Also, what is the transparent film that protects the locos? Also, yet another question! Does anyone here know what loco manufacturing companies use decal lettering vs painted on lettering? Thanks, on advance for any...
  5. Lack barry

Weathering Rolling Stock, a Continous thread

Great work! I don't know about n scale but I have several HO Athearn hoppers of that style and had to add 10 grams to each to get to NMRA standards. I use nickels (5 grams) and pennies (3 grams). You can't add 1 or 2 grams at a time, after that the only exact weight you can't add is 4 grams...
  6. Lack barry

Thanks all! Scrubbing with a brush and a damp wiping clean would be mandatory. I would think Gloss black or gloss clear coat would be my guess as well as a satin finish. I think I may have an old hopper hiding somewhere I could use as a guinea pig.
  7. Lack barry

How about anti weathering? I have 2 real, real old 2-6-0 and an 0-6-0 that is older than old. The 0-6-0 does NOT run but the 2 2-6-0's Run like butter! Smooth & quiet! I got them out of purgatory and dusted them off and ran them. The subject here is, as we all know, old coal loads as well as...
  8. Lack barry

HO Collection

I have 52 used HO rolling stock units. They are mostly Athearn Blue Box. They are upgraded with the following; Intermountain metal wheel sets (there are none better IMHO), Kadee metal whisker couplers (there are none better IMHO) The couplers are all at correct height measured by Kadee coupler...
  9. Lack barry

HO Collection

OK here we go! Here are some pics, please excuse the poor quality. There are NO defects in all of this just lightin reflections. The loco is cherry as well as the box and all the paper work. I got 1 photo done when, to my horror, we were attacked by the dreaded 50' cat!
  10. Lack barry

HO Collection

Hello. Can you list some brands? Also do you know if this is DC or DCC. Thanks
  11. Lack barry

HO Collection

Hello. Can you list some brands? Also do you know if this is DC or DCC. Tanks
  12. Lack barry

Life Like Innereds?

Thanks again. I didn't think so but was worth a shot asking.
  13. Lack barry

Life Like Innereds?

Thanks cv_acr. I'm trying to sorta kit bash SW cows & calfs. Would you have any idea if any LL shells and chassies would interchange with Athearn Blue Box locos? Basicaly gutting calfs and adding speaker/s in them and running MU/speaker wires to the cow that would contain the decoder. Thanks...
  14. Lack barry

Life Like Innereds?

Hi all! My question is; Do Life Like HO locos share the same chassis between PK1s and PK2s? And the models before the Protos? More specifically their SW models, 600, 900, 1000.1200, 1500, ETC? Thanks, Lack. PS My first name is Jack but I model Lackawanna, thus the name. Clever eh?
  15. Lack barry

What type of glue should I use?

Yep! I just went thru the prying my fingers apart with Super Glue. It's really hard to do when your other hand is glued to the tube!:mad:
  16. Lack barry

HO oddball layout construction

Thanks guys. I'm sure we will get thru this "Endeavor to Persevere" :D The main thing now is to be and keep being positive. Thanks again.
  17. Lack barry

Good work new guy. Lynn it has not been a good 2 weeks. We are contemplating moving in December and doing more layout work seems futile. There are 3 of us living together, 2 on SS and 1 working. The 1 working lost her job last week so that means my share of the bills went from 1/3 to 1/2 so that...
  18. Lack barry

N Scale Winter Project

Having come from n scale I have to say that is not a small space. I am no expert on lower level staging so I may be missing the point :D And as well as I'm on missing the point, Why the need for a reversing loop?
  19. Lack barry

Thanks Lynn. The frame for the layout is made of all 1 x 3 KiwiPrime? select lumber, nice stuff. I have several lengths of SPAX screws that are also quite nice to work with. And my time is way far from being Valuable :D What I don't have is plywood or any way of getting some here. The table is...

Back