Search results

1. J

Newest Additions to Locomotive Roster ...

FWIW, I just noted BLI's website has a refurbished E1 #2L identical to this for what I believe is a good price. I suppose the shell could be re-numbered. Sure is a beautiful model, especially as you have it situated on your layout. JimW
  2. J

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Lloyd, I too have missed reading your posts on MRH. Just watched part 1. Your interview reveals a striking parallel in that I too am trying to line up activities to keep busy when/if I retire. Like you, I plan to start big, but I still have a major remodeling project before I can start, so...
  3. J

Foam Fumes

Hi Mitch: Your concerns about heat-cutting of foam are well-founded, especially if it's POLYURETHANE, which is made from chemicals known as isocyanates. Unpolymerized isocyanates are very toxic and can cause severe respiratory reactions in susceptible persons. Application of high...
  4. J

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Hi Lloyd: I am one of many who have followed your remarkable progress silently. I am in the planning stage for my own lifetime layout, and it is inspiring to see your work. Hopefully my layout room will be completed by this winter, but until then I will be doing small projects and learning...
  5. J

Interesting Railroad Overpass Construction

I agree. The use of precast reinforced concrete pile caps would make economic sense, as the newly elevated bridge deck could be placed and used immediately, thus reducing lost revenue and costly traffic diversion. In a similar vein, I surmise the use of steel retaining walls along the...
  6. J

Interesting Railroad Overpass Construction

I just noticed this very interesting photo puzzle, and read the posts. Although the thread seems to be 'dead', it seems to be an unfinished topic. While I am neither a civil engineer nor a local, I suspect the original underpass had a sunken roadway, which from past experience can fill with...
  7. J

reasonably priced ho cranes for railyards that are remote controlled.

P.S. Today I looked at the Factory Direct Trains sale: they have the Walthers crane for $20. Jimw
  8. J

reasonably priced ho cranes for railyards that are remote controlled.

Hi DocCuzi: I recently bumbled across several overhead cranes on the MBKlein website: modeltrainstuff.com. Look under structures>ho structure kits>manufacturer. You will easily find kits by Ratio, Vollmer, and Kibri for $27 - 35. There is also a wheeled container carrier. Not sure if that's...

Back