Search results

1. H

Power Blocks at Switches: How best to do it?

OK, I am perplexed as to the best way to make a power block with Ross switches. Which of these methods would be the best way to go? 1) Thru the wiring in the switch: ie don't jumper the side to be blocked. 2) Jumper all three legs of the switch, then use a fiber pin at whichever side is to be...
  2. H

Finally ready to stard laying track.

Finally ready to start laying track. Hi there all you Model Railroaders, It has been awhile since I have been in here. Back toward the end of May my wife and I went out to see Steve at Ross Custom Switches. We took the tour, which was great, and I purchased my first loop of track, which will...
  3. H

MTH two story passenger station and platforms, but no decals.

I recently purchased one of the MTH two story Red Brick passenger stations with the small platform on each end, and the cover that extends across the front of the building between the end platforms. The dividers in the center of the two small covered platforms are just black plastic, as if there...
  4. H

Pics of my Workbench, Temporary, Beginner layout..............

My first, beginner, temporary, layout is coming together. My workbench is 2.5ft x 8ft, and I made a 2ft x 8ft extension to make it a 4.4ft x 8ft bench. Here are a couple of pics of it now and how it is planned to be. The pics are of the 3D images from the SCARM Model Railroad Freeware program...
  5. H

What to do with the common lead from accessory transformer running fastrack switches?

I now have my basement workbench extended from 2.5ft x 8ft to 4.5ft x 8ft, which will be my temporary experimental layout, before building my larger final layout. I am now laying track, and have decided to purchase a Lionel O 6-32923 1.8 Amp Accessory Transformer (36 Watt) to power all the...
  6. H

New BNSF Freight set / Locomotive runs very intermittently

My local dealer had one of the MTH BNSF freight sets left, and I really like that BNSF SD70ACE locomotive, so I bought the set. I have also all but decided to go with the MTH DCS system. At least I had until I set up this train and tried to run it. This set is Proto Sound 3, and I am using the...
  7. H

Should I buy this Lion Chief Polar Express Berkshire Loco and Tender?

I have wanted one of those 2-8-4 Berkshire locomotives for awhile now, and I also would prefer the Lion Chief version, as I have one Lion Chief set, and a couple of MTH DCS sets, and really don't want to have to use power blocks in my layout. I have found a Polar Express Berkshire "loco and...
  8. H

Question Re: Converting O Gauge, transformer, diesel to Proto Sound or Lion Chief

Hi All, I am relatively new here, and as stated above, I have a question regarding converting an O Gauge standard, transformer controlled, diesel to Proto Sound, or to Lion Chief. I just purchased one of the Lionel Grand Central Express Sets from my local dealer, and I really like it. The only...
  9. H

Trying to find diaphragms for ends of passenger cars to put on locomotives

I am not sure if this should be in the "Want To Buy / For Sale" forum, but at this point I am looking for information. I have a Grand Central Express NYC passenger set, and all the cars have the passenger walk thru diaphragms on the ends, which look very nice and very finished. I also...
  10. H

Will a Lionel F3 B-Unit match up, Physically, with a Lionel FT A-Unit

Hi, I posted a Want To Buy thread, and received no response. I have now found an item on eBay, and need advice on it, so I am posting here in the O-Gauge forum to see what I can find out. _____________________ I am new here, and new to O Gauge modeling. I have had trains in the past, with my...

Back