Search results

1. chessie_system3

Best method for removing Athearn Bluebox decals?

Anyone know the best way to remove Athearn BB decals? Mine is the newer style one that came out just before the RTR line.
  2. chessie_system3

New layout build

It's been quite awhile since I have posted anything in the forums. I have the lumber gathered together to start my new layout build. I do not plan on building another sacred sheet layout! I flat out refuse! To be honest I have looked at track plans for one. I have the lumber to build one...
  3. chessie_system3

Digitrax issues

Well this will be a shocker post from anyone who knows me. I have been quite devoted to modeling in DC. Well I have taken the plunge into DCC. I've been slowly building up decoders and the sort. With my plans of building a new layout I have planned to set it up for DCC. However! With the present...
  4. chessie_system3

How to frame this?

I have started planning my next layout. I have hit a roadblock. How would one frame this? I want to keep the sections separated for expansion purposes. I don't plan on using the track plan just the base of the layout only. I have even drawn this out on graph paper and still can't figure out how...
  5. chessie_system3

Stewart locomotives

I have received a pretty decent offer for a Stewart locomotive. I'd say it's an older model as it appears it has an Athearn motor in it. Atleast it looks like one. Anyone have experience with these? Are they good? Are they bad?
  6. chessie_system3

Old Troller walk around throttles.

Anyone have any info on these? Mine burned out and if I cant get them repaired then I would like to find a replacement. The Troller throttles I had worked the best for my Proto 2000 locomotives. However I had the TRH-40 model. So any info on these would be great.
  7. chessie_system3

Proto 2000 GP9 running issues.

I posted earlier today about the issues with my GP9. Now I run just standard DC on my layout. It was running fine then just lost all power and went into a limp mode. At half throttle my locomotive just shudders in both directions. I know it's not a track issue as my other locomotives run fine. I...
  8. chessie_system3

Varipulse 852B (My take on it.)

As some members on here know. I recently purchased a Varipulse 852B walk around throttle. I spent a better part of three days working with it. Finding out what I like and dont like. Let me start off by saying Ken Stapleton is on point. I havent had such good customer service. I sent email to him...
  9. chessie_system3

MU hoses for second generation diesel locomotives.

I recently purchased MU hoses for one of my locomotives. Now they are labeled pre 1980 but they are a mile too long. Anyone know a more correct size for MU hoses? Disclaimer on this I purchased the Details West MU-295 set.
  10. chessie_system3

GML Enterprises has went out of business.

Found out this morning that GML Enterrpises has went out of business. I dont know if this is old news or not. I know it's new to me. I havent seen any mention of it anywhere. However I recieved an email first thing this morning from Marion Lewis that due to health issues they are unable to take...
  11. chessie_system3

Vintage C&O photos by Chessie System 3

You know it's been awhile since I've posted any pics. Here's some for yall to enjoy.
  12. chessie_system3

Atlas code 100 manual snap switch issues.

I had made mention of this in another part of the forum. I am building my 5th layout currently. I have meticulously laid my track. Tested it and tested it some more. Made sure everything was smooth and I wouldn't have any issues. Now I've had a reoccurring problem from my last layout to this...
  13. chessie_system3

Where to find Atlas U23B grab iron set.

Anyone one know where I can find a grab iron set for an Atlas U23B? I tried Atlas already. They don't have any. I tried eBay and couldn't find anything either. Justin
  14. chessie_system3

Criticism towards fellow model railroaders.

Was on YouTube on my lunch break and stumbled upon some really hateful comments towards fellow model railroaders from other model railroaders! I don't even know what to say. I guess there's bad apples in every bunch. I feel like we should support each other no matter what we feel about a layout...
  15. chessie_system3

New year. New layout.

Started construction on my layout this past weekend. Took roughly 9 1/2 hours to construct the table itself. I had some technical setbacks early on with my battery powered drills. However I received some help from my brother and we got it finished up. Next step will be getting track laid and get...
  16. chessie_system3

Memorial for Justin's Coal Loop

This is the memorial for my layout that was taken down this past weekend as it fell apart on me and we'll all attempts to save it failed. I had some good operating sessions on this layout and we'll it was sad to see it go but it was time to leave the sacred sheet behind. I hope y'all enjoy the...
  17. chessie_system3

My $25 Atlas

OK so I purchased an older Atlas locomotive this past Friday from good ol eBay for $25. The previous owner has done some work to it as I am also planning on working on it myself to make it more appealing to the eye. As I hope you can see she needs a little work on the paint job however from a...
  18. chessie_system3

B&O correct handrail color?

Anyone know the correct handrail color for this unit? Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk
  19. chessie_system3

Scenic Express trees

Anyone use Scenic Express trees? Are they any good? I have a bunch of Woodland Scenics trees and I am wondering if Scenic Express is a better upgrade. Justin
  20. chessie_system3

Athearn BB Chessie U23B

I purchased an Athearn BB uboat yesterday. I normally look over the uboats from the bluebox era as they aren't prototypical in look for my railroad. I got this for all of 20 bucks so I can't complain. I want to work this model to get it up to standards. I can't for the life of me remember the...

Back