Search results

1. D

Athearn HO Scale RTR Grinding Gears ProblemSo So I got an Athearn

So I got an Athearn F59phi in HO Scale, it has the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner Operation Lifesaver paint scheme with the orange and the surfer. I love the look of the locomotive but it has an issue. Whenever I run the locomotive there is a grinding sound. Noticing the issue I replaced the motor and...
  2. D

What airbrush is best?

I am looking to get into custom painting/weathering, but I am on a very tight budget. With this said, what would be the best airbrush for the best price? I am hoping bellow $50 but I do not know how realistic this is.
  3. D

N Scale train cars for sale

I have a large collection of N Scale cars for sale. Most are priced at $5. Each sold individually and can be found at http://scvmodeltrains.com/t/the-collection
  4. D

Railroading Picture Contest

Hello all! I need a new photo for the front page of my site. By submitting it, you are allowing me to post it on my site (scvmodeltrains.com). The picture must be relatively large. Best picture wins! Contest ends Sunday August 30th at 8:00pm. Good Luck!
  5. D

Kato frame question

Are the frames for the Kato sd45 and the sd40-2 the same. Would a sd40-2 she'll fit the sd45 frame?
  6. D

Sd45 ditchlights?

Does anybody know where I can find the correct ditchlight castings for a NS sd45?
  7. D

What works best for striping paint off Kato engines?

Title says it all. What product would you recommend?
  8. D

Would pine sol strip locomotive paint?

I am trying to strip the paint of a Kato sd-45 to repaint it is the NS paint. I have tried rubbing alcohol but that didn't work. I have seen on YouTube people used pine sol to strip paint of plastics and I was wondering if this would work.

Back