Search results

1. S

Do you think a C.M.W. Yellow Transit Bus might pass for a school bus?

I just noticed that Classic Metal Works has a yellow N-scale GMC Transit Bus and I would like to have a school bus on my layout. All the school buses I ever rode on had the front nose or hood, but the ones I bought like that off of eBay are way too large. I think I saw some school buses in...
  2. S

Anybody mount an N-Scale Local to display case?

I mounted 3 Diesel Locos in a glass display case last year and they keep coming loose when bumped into. I want to keep them in mint condition so I had mounted them using monofilament fishing line to Kato Unitrack and glued the track to the shelf. I think the monofilament fishing line must...
  3. S

Have some question about JMRI 3.8

I have not updated my JMRI Panel Pro 2.10 and figured I should probably update now. I’m a little confused about the “New warnings for this version”. It reads: “The XmlIO web service has been deprecated and is scheduled to be removed in JMRI 3.11 (July 2015). All users who are relying on...
  4. S

Looking for the origin of this N-scale photo

I did a Yahoo search for “n-scale turnaround” and this photo came up. I can’t find any more info on it, but it looks like I could just glue some track on to it and it could become a turnaround for a new Streetcar I just bought. I believe it’s from eBay, but it might be something from...
  5. S

My new Christmas Train Wiring technique

Ok I started soldering the wires onto my track many years ago, but I also permanently fastened my track down to the layout as well. The track didn’t weather too well in my storage building during the summer and rusted. It is such a pain to replace the track with everything soldered up like I had...
  6. S

Looking for HO Christmas Train?

Hi everybody, I’m new here and I’m an N-scale guy, but I need help selecting a train for my Christmas tree and N is just too small. I have asked this question on another train site and have not gotten a response. Time is running out for me to order something before Christmas and I want to cover...
  7. S

Hi from Southern Calif

I model N-scale and also O-scale a couple of months a year for the Holiday season. I actually needed some HO questions answered about the Bachmann Christmas train set. I don't know anything about the quality ofBachmann HO Locos, but I have had enough trouble with N-scale to want to ask before...

Back