Search results

1. P

Anyone know what out of the box headlight operation was for this athearn genesis F7?

http://www.athearn.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ATHG1513 I got it with a digitrax board and a red LED upper and white LED lower. He had it set so the headlight is always on when the unit is running and the upper red light mars strobes all the time. I managed to bust the red LED apart...
  2. P

Correct mars light color and operation? (specifically early CNW F7)

I picked up a used Athearn Genesis F7 AB set in the earlier CNW colors (not the later mostly yellow scheme). The previous owner had added DCC and led headlights and its currently set up with a double light (cover making it look like an over under light) white LED on the lower light and the...
  3. P

Interesting gondola car load to model.

I personally had no idea that switches were built and moved like this. I had assumed they were put together on site but these are prefabbed sections of brand new switch track, one complete unit in each car with the pieces stacked on each other, probably for a run around track or an additional...
  4. P

Did Atlas ever fix the code 55 track availability issues?

I searched for threads on this first since I assumed it was a discussed topic but everything was almost a year old. I am looking to switch from HO to N and am rather irritated to find that code 55 still seems to be only half available everywhere with many things sold out including the rather...
  5. P

What era and model passenger cars are these?

I like them and they were dirt cheap so I made a bid and I got them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNW-HO-034-Overland-034-Passenger-Cars-MMR-Custom-Trains-/311211406578?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=MuHGRurPDv9w4YjEHMmc2YMcSws%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc Had them for...
  6. P

Apparently MN Zephyr engines (pair of F7's) saved from scrap heap after all.

EDITED with link to info: Maybe this is old news, but last i heard they were destined for scrap because trouble came up moving them and the deal was falling through so this is good news. http://hometownsource.com/2014/12/16/79776/ I was there earlier today talking to a guy prepping them for...
  7. P

Best choice for track to play with before final layout that I could still use later?

For the long run I would be looking at code 83 nickel silver, and from searching here it seems like you either use Atlas code 83 and nothing else or everything else code 83 and not atlas due to potential compatibility issues (I know many have no issues). I have a digitrax dcc setup on the way...
  8. P

Do I regret or celebrate this impulse buy? (F7 Athearn Genesis A-B)

I'm not even 100% clear what I just bought, but I know I wanted a really early model CNW F7 A-B set with digitrax stuff and that they were hell and gone out of my budget new. This looks like a converted earlier set with a dinged up grill on one side (doesn't bother me and I hope to fix it some)...
  9. P

How does one settle on what railroad and era to model?

After being out of model railroading for a good 15 years I am ready to start again and this time be a bit more serious about the investment of time money and space. However I can't seem to get the project off the ground as I can't get past the most basic decision of what exactly I want to model...

Back