Search results

1. G

Moving Inappropriate Post to Correct Category

Read my message above again.
  2. G

Modrators: Please remove the misplaced and inappropriate text below as you or the OP did the equally-misplaced photos that initially accompained it in reply to my post for items for sale (HO buildings and structures). Thanks! trainbum said: "My postings are alright. Everything...
  3. G

He - or someone else - removed only the photos but not the misplaced text. Moderators?
  4. G

To Moderators: Another member has posted a reply to my posting for items for sale that simply displays structures he has buit and that are not for sale. This is the thread's link: https://modelrailroadforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/ho-buildings-and-structures.35265/#post-552436 Would you...
  5. G

Wanted: Walthers Shinohara HO Turnout

What are you aksing for one right-hand tunrout + exact postage? How old is it?
  6. G

I found my LH Shinohara turnout, but may be interested in one RH-er. Would you please post a few photos of it, but only if it's the Shinohara model #948-8801. Thanks.
  7. G

Poor choice of words. Perhaps counter - the feature showing the number of replies to a post - is better. Anyway it seems to have corrected itself now.
  8. G

There are now three back-and-forth messages here, yet only one is still showing in the "Replies" tabulator.
  9. G

Shinohara #948-8801, #4, code 83 left-hand HO turnout. In brand new or like new condition only. If you also happen to have the same in a RH turnout, holler!
  10. G

CRC 2-26 Track Cleaner

I'm about to use CRC 2-26 for the first time to clean my tracks. It's in a spray can. Will it harm the plastic ties, ballast and adjoining grass, etc. landscaping if I spray it on? Or should I use a cloth saturated with it to wipe the rails by hand? Thanks!
  11. G

Historic Railroad Songs

Gordon Lightfoot's iconic "Canadian Railroad Trilogy."
  12. G

Power source for lighting

Yep, the initial outlay for the Lamplighter puts a dent in the pocketbook, but after that I'd consider the lamps and rolls of fiber reasonably priced. I got mine early this year and don't regret it. The system may well outlast us all!
  13. G

Power source for lighting

If you want simplicity (no wiring or soldering), check out Dwarvin.com. It's all fiber optics. A bit pricey at first, but an ingenious idea. Dwarvin also makes several styles of lamps for various locations on a layout, as well as some signaling accessories.
  14. G

Static Trackside Signs

Rico, Thanks, but..."I've also since learned that the only books even remotely related to my question are long-winded recitations of rules and regulations, with basically zero graphics, that were written for railroad employees, not the general public." The other...
  15. G

Static Trackside Signs

And those cited signs look like...and mean...?
  16. G

Static Trackside Signs

How does one know which trackside signs (not signals) to use (for what purposes) and where they would go on a layout when many prototype signs consist only of a letter, a number or a symbol of one kind or another and no wording? My GN freight layout, c. 1945-1955, is a small 5' x 7' with a...
  17. G

Guide to Railroad Symbols and Signage

Interesting. I model the Great Northern in the transition era. Is there a GN-specific website or book that would show signage and symbols with color photos, names and functions of each all in one place? I'm a member of the GNRHS, but have found little if any such information there.
  18. G

Guide to Railroad Symbols and Signage

I'm looking for a guidebook, website or other reference source that interprets and describes the uses, functions and placement of the multitude of static, trackside railroad signs and their symbols found on the prototype across the U.S. If they happen to be line-specific, I model the Great...
  19. G

Color of Road Striping

Thanks, Jeff. I've since corrected myself and bought a roll of 1/16" tape.
  20. G

Model Railroader Forum Log-In

The screen name gods finally caved in, and I now have a moniker!

Back