Search results

1. T

Finished project...

I picked up this new old stock Athearn blue box SD40-2 on ebay. It started life as an undecorated "chickenwire" version. I guess it was (at the time) an improved tooling model. The radiator grilles also have nice fan detail. I installed a simple soundtraxx decoder for DCC, but it has no sound...
  2. T

Starting to make trees and scenery.

Over the past week I've decided to stop putting off the process of applying scenery to my layout. It's been past due for a while. I started by ordering a tree making kit from ebay. It contained wooden dowels intended to make tall evergreens. The kit also included small branches for making twigs...
  3. T

Sd40-2 projects

Greetings, a few weeks ago I found these two SD40-2s on Ebay. A factory CN #5930 and MRL #250. Someone had changed the number of the MRL to #254, and it's paint quality was some what questionable. After some research I realized that there was only one true MRL SD40-2. Number 250. So I attempted...
  4. T

Lurker

Hey there, I think this is my first post. My name is Tim and I've been lurking around here for a while. I enjoy reading the informative posts and viewing the pictures of everyone's layouts and models. After a long absence I've only been back into the hobby for just about a year now. I don't have...

Back