Search results

1. T

How do you paint handrails

Myself personally I use an airbrush to prime then paint the desired color.
  2. T

MONTHLY-Photo-Fun!-Sept '16

Your pasture looks great, love how you tied your foliage together.
  3. T

WPF 05/27/16 to 06/03/16

I'll use prototype photos sometimes. It's a challenge to try to recreate a specific car. Plus it may keep me from over doing it. I find that if I don't have a subject I'll get carried away and do too much. Weathering is a layered process. All the steps need to be in concert with one another.
  4. T

MONTHLY Photo Fun! - August 2016

Here's one I just finished. This boxcar started life as an Intermountain undecorated 5277 cu. ft. offering. Both the main colors were mixed to try to achieve as close a match as I could. Model Masters enamels were used. The upper "older" paint was weathered with acrylics, oils and pastels...
  5. T

Athearn SD 40 Current Keeper install

I don't have a pic right now, would have to remove shell. Basically I just unscrewed factory speaker and placed the cube enclosure into the factory space. It fit snug so no glue was needed. It's taller but no clearance issues are present. I got them from Tony's Trains and yes they do sound a...
  6. T

Athearn SD 40 Current Keeper install

I have 2 SD40 MRL units that I would like to install these on. This is good to know, I inquired about this months ago to soundtraxx. They said it was possible, but couldn't give me specifics. So I take it everything works fine? Where did you place your current keeper? I replaced my factory...
  7. T

MONTHLY Photo fun! June 2016

Here's one I just finished with. Atlas undecorated. Painted and weathered with acrylic oils and pastels.
  8. T

WPF 05/27/16 to 06/03/16

Herpa, Lonestar, and Boley MOW.
  9. latest_images5

latest_images5

10. latest_images6

latest_images6

11. latest_images7

latest_images7

12. MRL_21662_1

MRL_21662_1

13. MRL_21662_2

MRL_21662_2

14. MRL_21661_3

MRL_21661_3

15. T

WPF 05/27/16 to 06/03/16

I'd like to share my latest weathering effort. Intermountain MRL patch. Done up with acrylics, oils and pastels.
  16. T

Weekly Photo Fun 4/10 through 4/16

This is a little project I just finished. It started as an Athearn Genesis undecorated 60' FMC DD box car. I used Model Masters enamels. 2 or 3 different decal sets. It's modeled after a MRL patched ex. BNSF version I saw a picture of somewhere online. I weathered the roof with oils and pastel...
  17. T

Decals, dul-coat, weathering?

Before applying decals it's best to spray the model with a gloss coat. This will allow the decals to stick better and conform over any raise details. It also prevents the clear decal edges from frosting. I use a decal setting solution, sometimes it takes multiply applications to help the decal...
  18. T

Fiddling about with CV's

This should help, scroll down to page 47 and read up on the "Using the Quite mode" CV113. I've done this to all my Tsunami's. This guide should help with all your needs. http://www.soundtraxx.com/manuals/usersguide_diesel.pdf
  19. Details_12

Details_12

20. MRL_01

MRL_01

Custom painted Accurail ACF hopper

Back