Search results

1. KB02

Module #1

Well, Module #1 is basically done. The dark section in the lower right will be a muddy pond once I pick up some epoxy. And there might be a road coming for the logging crew to pick up all those trunks they left laying there, but other than that, I think it's basically done. Now to figure out...
  2. KB02

Helix from Trackside Scenery

riogrande5761's explanation is GREAT. If you watch trackside Scenery's video, he does explain this as well at around 9:56 in the video, but without the explanation above, it might not make as much sense.
  3. KB02

View from the Office

Last weekend my office moved. I now not only have a window. but it's got a pretty good view: Beyond the building is lovely Lake Champlain with the picturesque New York Adirondacks in the back ground. ... oh, yeah... And my new friends 208 and 212 shunting cars around for Vermont Rail Systems...
  4. KB02

Module #1

The arborist showed up and helped me completed the back row and I added the temporary backdrop: And just to add some trains to it: Hoping to get some better backdrops. Thinking Trackside Scenery, but we'll see. I've had success in the past with just printing backdrops out with my regular...
  5. KB02

Vermont Model Train Show

The big dump truck in that photo is the same scale as the trains rolling around it. Gives you an idea of how big those quarry haulers are!
  6. KB02

Vermont Model Train Show

The Northwestern Model Railroad Association hosts it every year.
  7. KB02

Module #1

Finished ballasting last night and added some scenic-ing to the top corner.
  8. KB02

Module #1

Started in on the decoration of this scene. The raised upped track needed a retailing wall. I had some brick sheet left over from another project, so that, a few little balsa strips and some paint and I had this: The rails have also been painted. And I started on some riff-raff on the back...
  9. KB02

Vermont Model Train Show

Today was Vermont's model train show in St. Albans. A small show in comparison to others, but bigger (at least in appearance, anyway), than it had been in the last few years. A couple small layouts to the right of the picture and a kiddies corner to the left. Would have been nice to see a few...
  10. KB02

Steam Shed Cheri-starting out.

Bachmann, I believe, made two versions of this model (from a tooling standpoint). There's the "cheaper" version that was put in train kits for kids (that's the one that I have), and a nicer, newer version which you can still get parts for (at least last I checked). If you've got two, there's no...
  11. KB02

cheap ballast

Funny this thread should come up. I have recently been thinking the same question. The cemetery across from my house recently re-graveled all their roads with a nice, fine, white crushed rock. Naturally, they had a little left over at the end of the job and left two huge piles for the ground...
  12. KB02

1/7th scale Big Boy - MADE FROM LEGO!!!

This may have been posted elsewhere on the forum, but it is my tradition to be late to the party on such things.
  13. KB02

Rails sprayed with WD40 - any risk of fire?

There's a video on youtube... somewhere... I can't find it... where and guy doused an engine in WD40, then rolled it in lint and dirt and all kinds of crap and then let it on his DC track for a few hours. No issues. Like it was said above, the propellant is the flammable part, not the Water...
  14. KB02

If you were to work for a railroad, which one would it be and what position?

The New England Central Railroad (subsidiary of Genesee & Wyoming) was just hiring for a dispatcher. I had applied, and made it through their first round of evaluations, but had found another job in the meantime that wouldn't require I work weekends and holidays.
  15. KB02

Layout height?

At 6'1", I am very happy with my 42" tall layout. Tall enough that I don't have to bend over or feel compelled to sit down; short enough that I can look down on the layout and not have everything at nose level.
  16. KB02

Module #1

Some decent progress for the weekend. Added some more drywall compound on the front edge and sanded it down. I was debating on adding a front facia to the modules, but after considering the work of carving them to match the front of the module, I figured that just painting them would be easiest...
  17. KB02

RR Lanterns Anyone?

Sorry, Marctesla, they have been sold.
  18. KB02

Module #1

With most of my modules built physically created for my new layout (Rebuild thread here), I have a vast array of blank canvases to work with. Each one is 18"x48". Time to get started. Module #1 will come off the bar where I have two tracks with a 2" height difference. So, I figure a nice...
  19. KB02

The Teardown and Rebuilt of the Whistle Stop RR AND the Train Room its in

Another busy weekend in the basement. The last of the modules has been built! This includes my mutant module, which is, essentially, a variant on John Allen's timesaver puzzle. This is actually something that was given to me in Shelf-Layout style that I had incorporated into my previous...
  20. KB02

Spraying a cat when it’s on your layout?

Nothing inhumane about good, plain, water. Now if was gasoline or acid, you might have some detractors; but with just plain water, everyone will be fine. 😉

Back