Search results

1. BobB

First attempt - Scratchbuilding Yard Structures

Excellent work. And a first effort.:D You are showing me some contest worthy work. Great job.
  2. BobB

Davetown - Patti's Tea Garden

Looks like a real pleasant place you've built. Makes one want to pull up a chair at Patti's, order a cup of tea and a scone and chat with the locals for an hour or two. Thanks for sharing this great build with us.
  3. BobB

Hello from San Diego

Welcome, Rene. Ask away. Lots of information available on this site. Good folks here and a lot of us started just like you. Something sparked the imagination and the rest, as they say, is history. Enjoy yourself and you new hobby.
  4. BobB

This guy got just what he needed

You just can't fix STUPID!!!!! Hope the engineer is okay. ;-)
  5. BobB

Sumas Prarie Barn - scratch build

I've almost finished the 1st floor of the barn. I stained the interior walls with MinWax Early American stain. Only used one coat as I did not want the stain to be too dark. The windows and doors have arrived and I have applied the first coat of a dark green (to match the window frames of...
  6. BobB

Hello everyone!!!!

Welcome Scott. Glad to have you here.
  7. BobB

Scratch building a loco shop

Very nice work Rico. If more folks like you would scratch build, maybe the manufactures would bring their prices down for a plastic model.
  8. BobB

Brands of HO rolling stock with separate grab irons?

Charles, beautiful job on the box car. Nice weathering and the details look fantastic. So far, I've only replaced the stirrups on several cars. Never have scrapped the handrails off. Next challenge.
  9. BobB

Hello from the Pacific Northwest U.S.

Welcome Jack. Are those craftsman kits? Nice job on them.
  10. BobB

Hello from Canada's not so frozen North

Hey Mel, great to have you on board. Would like to see your around-the-wall layout. Always loved the scenery of the Canadian railroads.
  11. BobB

Cabooses

Iron Horseman, it is in fact the first time I'd heard the term cabeese. I think it's great and I cheer for it's use along with you. The linguistic study, no doubt done by "experts", has no sense of humor.
  12. BobB

Cabooses

I was just browsing through some older threads when I came across your post. Your question about the plural of caboose had me rolling on the floor. I know funny and that, my friend, is funny.
  13. BobB

Sumas Prarie Barn - scratch build

While I'm waiting for the doors/windows to be delivered, I played with building placement and base scenery color. I have several bags of sifted dirt to cover the painted areas. And there will be a white picket fence going around the house and the 'plowed field' will go to the right of the...
  14. BobB

Working on a better version of a Cletrac Tractor

BD, can't wait to see the finished product. You've got a great start on bashin that tractor.
  15. BobB

N Scale Stake-Side Flatbed Semi Trailer and Storage Shed from Leftover Trailer Box

Pretty slick diorama you've got going here, Kevin. Thanks for sharing your progress with us.
  16. BobB

Looking for tips,comments,advice first several attempts at weathering

I agree with Mike. Good first weathering job. Sometimes, less is better. The rust color on the left side of the car is the only place that color appears. The rest of the car is 'rusted' with a darker, redder color. Weathering on a prototype occurs over a long period of time or stages if you...
  17. BobB

I just wanted to say...

There are other forums out there, but the folks here are the best. IMHO.
  18. BobB

Updated Railpro Products

Great! Now what do I do with my old LENZ system and all the decoders I currently have in my locos. RailPro looks like a great system.
  19. BobB

Ever had this happen to you at a restaurant?

With the 'ratings-grabbing' media, it's all about what sells. And sadly they push the bad to boost their ratings. It's real nice to hear about people in this day and age that are still civil and gracious to one another. Thanks for sharing some of the good in this world.
  20. BobB

Round House or no round house?

Kevin, thanks for sharing that cool roundhouse picture. I didn't know they were still in use either. Problem is they take up a lot of space on a layout. Particularly if you have a couple of UP Big Boys on your layout. I have a modular layout and the modules are 18" to 24" wide and 4' long...

Back