Search results

1. Y

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Lloyd - It was great following you on here and I am subscribed on YouTube! I always enjoy your videos and updates!
  2. Y

ATSF LA Division, 2nd District. The Cucamonga, Pasadena and East LA RR (HO scale)

Wow! Impressive work thus far! I have had a fair amount of success with dimensional lumber, but I am buying the premium grade boards and it can get spendy in a hurry. I do not have a table saw, but if I did I would have to look at the birch plywood. I too built my layout in modules with the...
  3. Y

The Ground Hog Says Six More Weeks of Model Railroading!

Pretty much November-March and some rainy days the other times of the year. My wife and I are pretty busy folks and prefer to be outside when the weather is nice!
  4. Y

From Illinois to Pennylvania!

I was in the throws of planning when I realized a lift out section would really be preferred! It attaches with two 2.5" 1/4" bolts that slide into the lift out frame. Got that built Saturday and got the base layer of 1" foam tacked in place! I am going to let the track plan ideas I have simmer...
  5. Y

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I went from about 60 sq ft to over 85 so I am looking forward to a more dynamic set-up. As far as a track plan.... I am struggling. The size is roughly 12' x 4' wide across the back, 14' x 4' down the right side, 9.5' x 4' down the left side (if you were...
  6. Y

Well I got back to it after the holidays and started by cleaning up and better organizing the basement. I also built myself a nice workbench as I hadn't had one the past couple years. After a couple weeks of tinkering with table top layout I decided it was in my best interest to dismantle and...
  7. Y

Looking good! I need to get back to my thread and update as well..... Ton's of changes on my unnamed free lanced cluster.
  8. Y

Looking forward to the next update! As I said before this thread is super motivating.
  9. Y

Wow.. just wow! Great thread that is super informative! Keep up the great work!!!! I look forward to the updates! Threads like this are super motivating! Thanks!
  10. Y

Here are some pics I snapped last night.
  11. Y

Been a while....... Spent the first half of 2015 in Asia, Europe, and South America for work and when I was home MRR was pretty much at the bottom of the list. The time spent at home in the back half of 2015 was focused on my other hobbies/interests as well as continuing to improve our house...
  12. Y

Had some time off from work and amidst spending time with our 8 month old Doberman, I have been able to make some serious progress as well as go to MB Klein twice! Track is going down with ease and wiring will begin shortly. I'll post some pics in a few days. Switched to Code 83 and I won't be...
  13. Y

The foam is down and ready for paint. I think I will sculpt the edges of the foam around the perimeter of the table before I paint. Right now I am at a total loss for a track plan..... Hmmmm. Throw up some ideas if you got them. I def want to have two main lines and one long passing siding. I...
  14. Y

WPF July 28 - Aug 3

You mean that's not a picture of real life!?!?!?!?
  15. Y

Good 'ole Rt. 45.... The IC main parallels it all the way to Effingburg. We have some very good friends that live in Tolono, nice little town. My wife worked at the hospital in Mattoon for a brief stint before we moved.
  16. Y

HA... I never heard that while I lived in Effingham.... also known as Effington, Effingville, Effingburg, etc. EXCELLENT RAIL FANNING THERE! I used run parallel to a main (east west run) on my commute and saw so many awesome consists. I had used the 1" in the past, but the 2" seemed to be a...
  17. Y

Thanks Tony. I have been working on numerous projects around the house, but I have managed a few minutes here and there to work on the layout. My wife seems to think the house should be the priority :rolleyes:
  18. Y

Here are a few pics I just snapped of the table tonight.
  19. Y

I joined the forum this past Winter when I got back into Model Railroading after my wife and I got settled in our new house last November in Effingham IL. I built standard 1"x4" select pine bench work to accommodate a 6'x10' layout (I can reach the middle of the table w/ease). Used 1/2" BC...
  20. Y

Getting started!

If you are thinking about a solid 13x6 table layout you need to consider the ability to reach different parts of the layout. Sounds like a fun project! I am in the beginning stages of planning my new layout as well..... so many options!

Back