Search results

1. R

Mantua 2-6-6-2T

After 4 months of being laid up and 2 stints in the hospital I am finally getting back into the train room. I finished up this project today and here she is, fresh from the shops after a complete strip down and refurbish. She still needs a rear light but all in stock are the wrong size. A trip...
  2. R

Mantua 4-6-2 Restoration

I don't have a functioning layout so, at the moment, all my pleasure comes from buying junkers and getting them back into respectable operating condition. My current project started out with the purchase of a Mantua 4-6-2 from an acquaintance on a Facebook group of which I am a member. Here...
  3. R

MDC/Roundhouse Climax and Box Cab

I don't have a functioning layout at present but I am working on it. In the meantime I have the most enjoyment from buying old clunkers and fixing them up to an acceptable running order. My latest accomplishment resulted from the purchase of a box of semi completed, broken, missing parts...
  4. R

Which Coupler to Use?

A recent train show purchase turned out to be an extremely old Athern model of a flat car. As near as I can determine from HO Seeker it was produced in 1953 and is in near perfect shape. I want to install knuckle couplers on it but have run into a problem. The cast on coupler box has protrusions...
  5. R

Rebuilding an Aristo-Craft 4-4-2

A little over a year ago I got back into the model railroad hobby and slowly began unpacking my many boxes of trains and accessories. One engine I came across really intrigued me. It was broken and wouldn’t run; the valve gear hanger was damaged. The motor would run until the valve gear bound up...
  6. R

Rivetiing Valve Gear Assemblies

Many years ago I purchased a Mantua loco kit and it included a riveting tool for spreading the rivets on the valve gear assemblies. Now that I am getting back into the hobby after ~20 years, I can't find it. I see that bowser sells a Riveting Tool for $2, but then wants $10 to ship it, probably...

Back