Search results

1. T

Need BLI loco

I need one (1) Broadway Limited Imports USRA Heavy Mikado 2-8-2, Great Northern -- either #3207 (BLI-2883), or #3204 (BLI-2882). Cannot find either one anywhere. If you have one you'd sell me, or know where I might find one, please let me know. Thanks for any assistance.
  2. T

Looking for water tank car

I need one (1) Walthers Platinum Line Type 21 10,000 MOW Water Tank Car (932-42203). Cannot find it anywhere. If you have one you'd sell me, or know where I might find one, please let me know. A second choice would be the same car, but Walthers No. 932-42200. Thanks for any assistance.
  3. T

Need help with wiring problem

I use PECO insulfrog turnouts on my DCC layout. I set up a small track testbed with a simple loop and one siding. Put a loco on the loop track, and another on the siding. With the turnout set so the loop was complete, the loco there ran, but the one on the turnout did not get any power. So I...
  4. T

Coaling Station search

Looking for a coaling station (HO) for period 1900-1930. Tried Cornerstone Concrete Coaling Station (933-3042) but instructions are non-existent and it's impossible to build. Plastruct's version is a toy. BORS Coaling Station by Model Power (#410) is also toy-like, and difficult to assemble...
  5. T

Loco crossing problem

I'm using an Atlas code 83 HO 12.5 degree crossing between pairs of turnouts to enable switching between an inside and an outside loop. Problem is, my locos (all of them) lose power when on the crossing. Inspection shows there are 3/4" gaps in the rails near the center of the crossing, which...
  6. T

Crossing problem

I'm using an Atlas code 83 HO 12.5 degree crossing between pairs of turnouts to enable switching between an inside and an outside loop. Problem is, my locos (all of them) lose power when on the crossing. Inspection shows there are 3/4" gaps in the rails near the center of the crossing, which is...
  7. T

Ashland Iron & Steel difficulty?

I'm a relatively inexperienced model builder. Need a steel mill for a portion of my layout. Am considering Walthers' Ashland Iron & Steel blast furnace and rolling mill. Are these particularly difficult models to assemble? If so, are there good alternatives out there? Thanks for your input.
  8. T

White decals?

I have several black hoppers that are data only. I want to put my own road names & numbers on them using white decals. However, when I print in white, nothing comes out on the decal (I suspect my printer, a Canon Pixma inkjet, isn't programmed to print white, since the decals in other colors...
  9. T

Data only tank cars

Looking for HO scale, ACF 10,000 or 11,000 tank cars with data only. Prefer RTR, but kits okay.
  10. T

Freight car length

When a freight car is said to be, say, 55 feet in length, from where to where is that measurement made?
  11. T

Iron ore mine

Looking for a kit to build a late 19th C. or early 20th C. iron ore mine. Needs to reflect extraction, processing if any, and loading the ore into ore cars or jennies. Any suggestions welcomed.
  12. T

Rail joiners

Rail joiners . . . arrggghhh :-). I’ve been trying for two days to connect two pieces of Atlas HO Code 83 track. Tried the Atlas code 83/100 HO rail joiners, their code 80 N rail joiners, and other approaches. Just cannot get anything to work. Half a century ago, when I had my first Lionel...
  13. T

DCC turnout wiring question

Question on DCC wiring. I have a loop, with a spur to the inside. I have a switcher on the spur, and a loco running around the main loop. When I throw the spur switch (I’m using a Peco insulfrog turnout), I can pull the loco onto the spur with no problem, at which time the switcher also runs...

Back