Search results

1. K

Athearn or Roundhouse?

Thanks so much for all your help & fast response, it is appreciated.
  2. K

Athearn or Roundhouse?

Here's bottom pic, btw i have the rails & ladders.
  3. K

Athearn or Roundhouse?

Hi all, i have an HO ConRail caboose that is in the wrong box & i'm not certain if it's an Athearn or Roundhouse. Anyway to determine the manufacturer? Thanks in advance.
  4. K

E-Mail Landing Conundrum

After the first time; the subsequent emails should go into your normal incoming email.
  5. K

E-Mail Landing Conundrum

If you sign in using aol.com, when you view the spam folder mail you'll see a blue header with 6 option buttons, 1 says Not Spam & will put the specific e- mail in your reg mail folder.
  6. K

E-Mail Landing Conundrum

Doesn't your email have a "this is not spam" function?
  7. K

Anyone play Bass Guitar?

What song?
  8. K

Proto 2000 Questions

No Alco's in there, Terry i'll send you a pm in a few minutes.
  9. K

Proto 2000 Questions

Hi all, Besides selling the locomotive shells, is there anything else worth parting out. The reason i'm asking is that my brother had a decent amount of HO engines & cars including 9 Proto 2000 engines (new & used) and most have issues with either cracked gears or intermittent power. I did an...
  10. K

Alco Century 428 question HO

Thanks, That seems to be the issue, the tabs that "click" on 1 end slip off easily. I tried to compare it with a shell from another engine but the body & deck are 1 piece.
  11. K

oops, yes, box says 628
  12. K

Hi all, I have a Stewart's Hobbies Alco 628 mint in box that i was inspecting before selling it. When the body was put on, i noticed the body wanted to pull away somewhat from the deck which at first i didn't know were 2 separate parts. The white line in the picture shows where it feels loose...
  13. K

DCC ready? Athearn gp38-2

Thanks for the info guys, this isn't DCC ready.
  14. K

DCC ready? Athearn gp38-2

Does the box specify if an engine is DCC ready? I have an Athearn 5312 GP 38-2 w/out instruction sheet so i wasn't certain if it's noted or something on the engine i would visibly see.
  15. K

Lull at eBay?

Not sure why, i had about 6 Athearn boxcars for $10.00 with best offer option, s/h 2.65 & got 0 offers or bids. These cars were discontinued & mint in box. I sell other stuff & this was the 1st full week since November that i went a week w/o anything selling.
  16. K

EMD Red Lens Help

Any idea what this lens is for? I have 2, one doesn't have the EMD embossment & the box was labeled EMD lenses. Thanks for any info, I couldn't find these on google (probably using wrong words).
  17. K

usps rant

i'm wondering if it's just a software or printer settings issue. Being they are in your queue i think it's related to your printer settings. You also have the option to cancel a label, hope a new one prints & get refunded. Only 1x did a label fail to print using paypal, it ended up i needed to...
  18. K

Preferred Brands of HO

Curious what's the preferred manufacturer of HO model trains. I'm sorting, Athearn, Walthers, Kato etc... there are a few other brands but i'd like to know the preferred maker of engines & rolling stock.
  19. K

Old Aluminum RR Signs

Fortunately, the number boards I have are marked with the RR(s) and engine type.
  20. K

Old Aluminum RR Signs

thx for the reply, I did a quick search after posting the value question & see they may be worth 25.00 at best. EDIT: I've tried searching for clubs of people that buy railroad items but all searches bring me to model railroading. Along with these trust plates I have number boards, lanterns &...

Back