Search results

1. NScaler

How did you get started in the hobby?

I was 23 when I got my first train set. It was the Bachman N-Scale American 4-4-0 set. My girlfriend and I were spending our first Christmas together and wanted something to put around the very small tree we had. That was the reason we purchased the N-Scale set. HO would have just been way too...
  2. NScaler

Looking for a low-run, not too costly, custom decal mfr

I did some decals for PlowGuy on here. They turned out really well I think. Do you have a printer? If so, what is it? I used a Dell 1320c Color Laser with Laser printer paper I got off Amazon. I could give you some graphic design help and some pointers if you want to try it yourself. Trust me...
  3. NScaler

Going to St Louis Transportation Museum - Any other suggestions?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. My phone went dead and my USB port has decided to stop working. Anyway, we had a good time. We started off going to the transportation museum. I got to climb aboard my favorite engine - the 4-8-8-4. There were a lot of cool trains and passenger cars to look at as...
  4. NScaler

That would be fun. I have taken a break for awhile. Spring has me working on my Mustang and tge yard so I haven't been on the PC much. I'm still here though. Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk
  5. NScaler

I was wondering if anyone in or near St Louis has any suggestions for other things to do in the St Louis area (besides the Arch and Zoo). We have a family of 5 and am looking for things fun for the kids which are 2, 7, and 13. Thanks for any suggestions. I will be watching for replies on the...
  6. NScaler

Model Builder Software....

That looks very interesting. I would be curious to know how good it is as well. I am a graphic designer and have been modifying printed paper structures I got from Clever Models. This would be nice because you can create your own. Will be watching your thread Tony.
  7. NScaler

Amazing trove of color pix pre-WW2 -- valuable to modelers depicting late 1930s....

Very cool. I found this site the other day... http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2007/01/category-trains.html
  8. NScaler

Another day, another dumbass

I have been known to go through a crossing in front of an oncoming train, but any more I sit and enjoy the train going by.
  9. NScaler

WPF 4/14 to 4/21

I planted my half-dead tree. The camera is showing me areas where I need to do some touching up. God I wish I could see that good LOL.
  10. NScaler

Researching Union Pacific's Wyoming Division

Do you have a link to the actual group? I searched and am not sure which group you are referring to. Thanks! As for the 4-4-0... it may not be prototypical. But I will find a place for it. It is the loco that got me into model railroading, so I have to have it utilized somehow. I have been...
  11. NScaler

Dream steam train build!

Very well done. And a fitting end to the tread. Congrats man!
  12. NScaler

WPF 4/7 to 4/13/2014

Trees or not that looks good. I see next weeks has started so I will move along ;)
  13. NScaler

WPF 4/7 to 4/13/2014

Just some stuff I learned from watching you guys work Tony ;)
  14. NScaler

WPF 4/7 to 4/13/2014

Sorry guys. I forgot to come update my links after some organizing. They are back up now. Tony, That concrete slab is just painted and weathered basswood. I first sealed the wood, then I scribed the expansion joints with an exacto blade. Then I drug an exacto blade upside down back through each...
  15. NScaler

WPF 4/7 to 4/13/2014

I have been waiting for these shots Ray. That has turned out so great. Good job! I have been slowly progressing on my mini diorama, working on one detail at a time. I am currently building a tree for placement behind the fence. I thought about adding foliage, but since this is a scene from a...
  16. NScaler

New on here. Starting my first layout

Well, this is embarassing. I forgot to come and update this thread. My layout area got confiscated by my wife's daycare. I actually gained control of a much larger room though so it worked out for the better. But yes IH, you pretty much nailed what I have in mind. I am leaning more toward a...
  17. NScaler

Anybody else have a messy bench?

I bought a small drawer organizer from Walmart. It sits on top of my desk and holds all my scratch building tools. Things like paint brushes, tweezers, Xuron tools (pliers, shears and nippers), and my glue syringes. That keeps all that stuff organized. Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk
  18. NScaler

Anybody else have a messy bench?

I would show you mine, but I'm not. Just visualize a nice oak computer desk with a hutch on top. Grab every tool in your micro tool collection, a few brushes, various glues, etc and pile it around the keyboard. Then throw in a few N scale semis, a mini diorama, various bills, probably a glass of...
  19. NScaler

How many members have Hobby Lobby close? Do you shop there?

I have a Hobby Lobby about 5 miles from me. I don't go there for train stuff, but I always look at it when I am there. I go mostly for paint and supplies. Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk
  20. NScaler

Opinions on the Bachmann N Scale Spectrum CHESAPEAKE & OHIO 2-6-6-2 Steam Locomotive

The "Big Boy" was UP and used in the Wyoming Division. It was actually a 4-8-8-4.

Back