Search results

1. W

Scale Trains HO 54615 Non sound decoder trouble

Just seeing if anyone out here has had some experience installing/programming the recommended esu decoder in a HO scale trains SD40-2? The tech guy at Scale Trains told me the recommended decoder was the esu 54615. I have been able to program an address and consist address and I can get the...
  2. W

ScaleTrains SD40-2 consisting

Just wondering if anyone has any helpful information regarding the New ScaleTrains SD40-2's. I have a couple that I want to consist together and I'm just wondering if these ESU decoders are similar to the ones in the Intermountain locos in terms of the CV's, etc? Thanks!
  3. W

Broadway Limited Paragon3 Union Pacific SD40-2 HO

Just curious if anyone out there has purchased the new HO UP BLI Paragon3 SD40-2 yet? I have seen them popping up online. I am curious as to the paint scheme. It appears the drawing of the model on the website is inaccurate. I can not find any roster shots of the two road #'s with the "We will...
  4. W

Consisting LokPilot Standard decoder

Trying to consist a LokPilot Standard decoder to my LokSound Select decoder. I have no problem getting them to run together with cv19 but I can not get the headlights or # boards (F5) set up right. On the LokSound Select decoder you of course use CV21-22 to set up the functions but the LokPilot...
  5. W

Keep alive install for ESU LokSound select

Just throwing it out there to ask if anyone has attempted to install any type of Keep-Alive accessory to a ESU LokSound select decoder particularly the ones found in the HO Intermountain SD40-2's? I do know that ESU makes a "power pack" that is basically a keep-alive accessory but don't know...
  6. W

MTH Proto 3 Sound decoder help!!!!!!

Just wondering if anyone has had trouble acsessing F13-F28 with a MTH Proto 3 Sound decoder. I have a HO MTH ESS44AC and I am unable to get these functions to work. I have a MRC Prodigy Advanced2 DCC system that supports F1-F28. I have tried to contact MTH service, they are useless. I can't find...
  7. W

Athearn HO RTR SD40-2 headlights

I have a Athearn RTR SD40-2 that has burned out headlights. Looking for suggestions on what to replace them with. I would like something that will last awhile, possibly a LED? I have tried to search on-line but there are a lot of different choices and I am not sure what size I actually need...
  8. W

MTH Proto 3 sound decoder experience

Looking for anyone with some experience with a Proto 3 decoder. I have 2 MTH HO ES44's. I have them consisted back to back together no problem. I can't seem to get the lights to cooperate. The rear headlights on the trailing unit still want to turn on in Forward and the rear lights on the leader...
  9. W

BLI SD40-2 Undecorated

I have a BLI SD40-2 I am attempting to paint. I want to remove the hand rails but the rail that connects by the steps will not come out. I am afraid I will snap off if it happens to be glued in. All the other parts seem to come off with ease. Has anyone dealt with this problem?
  10. W

Brake pipe detail

I have some Athearn RTR SD40-2's and I would like to detail the trucks by adding the brake pipe that runs between the two cylinders on each truck. I have looked in the Walther's catalog and can not seem to find a designated detail part. Can anyone suggest what would work best to meet my needs? Nate
  11. W

IMRC HO SD40-2 help! MRC

I have 2 IMRC SD40-2's consisted together that have the LokSound decoders in them. I had posted in another thread that they seemed to be fighting each other and it was suggested that I turn off the back EMF by programming cv49 to a value of. 18. This fixed the problem but now if set them at 128...
  12. W

HO ditch lights Athearn SD60

I have some Athearn RTR HO SD60's I would like to install ditch lights on. On the prototype they are mounted on the front deck. Does anyone manufacture a ditch light kit with the lights inside some type of housing that can be mounted on the deck of this loco? Haven't had much luck researching it...
  13. W

HO Athearn SD60 RTR trucks

I have acquired one of the latest releases of the Athearn RTR HO SD60. I have found over time through owning a few RTR models that they are very picky when it comes to track. I have several other models that traverse my railroad just fine, KATO, Intermountain, etc. The problem I seem to have...
  14. W

More Action On the DM&E

Here is some more shots of my DM&E layout!
  15. W

Action on my DM&E layout

Here is some unit ethanol train action on my DM&E layout and a few pictures of my ethanol plant. I will try and upload a video. Check out my other post for more pictures!
  16. W

Intermountain HO SD40-2 help

I have acquired some of the recent Intermountain HO SD40-2's with the ESU sound decoders. When I have them in consist running as a pair or trio they seem to surge which in turn creates an accordion effect in the train. It does it a lot at slower speeds and I don't notice it as much at higher...
  17. W

Help with CV21 CV22 Paragon 2 Quantum Sound

I have 2 HO BLI SD40-2's with the latest Quantum sound and I would like to consist them with a lead locomotive with a LokSound decoder. I can of course accomplish this with CV19 but my problem is I need to cancel out certain functions found in CV21 and CV22 because after F4 the function keys do...
  18. W

CNW Shorline Subdivision

Looking for any info regarding the CNW's Shoreline Subdivision. I have a small amount of info but still had a few questions. Was this the main route between Butler Yard and Green Bay? How many trains a day were ran on the line up until the sale to FVRR? Did crews originate out of Butler, Green...
  19. W

UP Caboose Marker Lights

Looking for any suggestions for HO scale UP caboose marker lights, specifically the kind that were found on cabooses in the 70's-80's. I would like to install some on my Centralia and Walthers cabooses. I looked at Tomar Industries it didn't appear that they had anything that would be...
  20. W

Intermountain ES44 HO

Been thinking about getting a couple Intermountain ESS44's. Had the first run of UP's they ever did, they ran nice but one thing I did not like is that if by chance the leader would lose power just for a second on lets say a spot of dirty track, etc. all the lights would of shut off, the...

Back