Search results

1. W

Scale Trains HO 54615 Non sound decoder trouble

Well I’m thinking the guy I’ve been speaking to there is not giving me the correct info
  2. W

No mention was made that I needed a sound decoder but I wouldn’t be surprised. Are you telling me I’m screwed because I wouldn’t be surprised if I am!!?
  3. W

Just seeing if anyone out here has had some experience installing/programming the recommended esu decoder in a HO scale trains SD40-2? The tech guy at Scale Trains told me the recommended decoder was the esu 54615. I have been able to program an address and consist address and I can get the...
  4. W

ScaleTrains SD40-2 consisting

Just wondering if anyone has any helpful information regarding the New ScaleTrains SD40-2's. I have a couple that I want to consist together and I'm just wondering if these ESU decoders are similar to the ones in the Intermountain locos in terms of the CV's, etc? Thanks!
  5. W

Broadway Limited Paragon3 Union Pacific SD40-2 HO

There are several pictures of both units from the 80's through the 90's and into the 2000's and none of them show the locos having the slogan on them. Guess I'll call BLI lol!!!!
  6. W

I apologize, I should have been more specific. The road #'s I'm referring to are the new Paragon3 locos that were just released. UP 3163 & 3166. The numbers you're referring to are from the previous Paragon2 release. I can not find any roster shots that verify the "We will deliver" on the side...
  7. W

Just curious if anyone out there has purchased the new HO UP BLI Paragon3 SD40-2 yet? I have seen them popping up online. I am curious as to the paint scheme. It appears the drawing of the model on the website is inaccurate. I can not find any roster shots of the two road #'s with the "We will...
  8. W

Consisting LokPilot Standard decoder

Mark, I use a MRC Prodigy Advanced2. I know exactly what your speaking of in regards to using the consist creation in the command station. I do believe in the past when Ive tried that with my system it will consist the locos but none of the functions will respond when hitting the appropriate F...
  9. W

Consisting LokPilot Standard decoder

Trying to consist a LokPilot Standard decoder to my LokSound Select decoder. I have no problem getting them to run together with cv19 but I can not get the headlights or # boards (F5) set up right. On the LokSound Select decoder you of course use CV21-22 to set up the functions but the LokPilot...
  10. W

Keep alive install for ESU LokSound select

I found the diagram you were speaking of that shows how to install LokSound's power pack. My next question would be is how will you determine where to install the two wires from the TCS KA1 since the power pack install diagram shows three different wires connecting? I'm not very good with wiring...
  11. W

Keep alive install for ESU LokSound select

Just throwing it out there to ask if anyone has attempted to install any type of Keep-Alive accessory to a ESU LokSound select decoder particularly the ones found in the HO Intermountain SD40-2's? I do know that ESU makes a "power pack" that is basically a keep-alive accessory but don't know...
  12. W

MTH Proto 3 Sound decoder help!!!!!!

I am able to access F13-F28 on my other loco's. It sounds like I may have to send in my controller to have it reprogrammed.
  13. W

MTH Proto 3 Sound decoder help!!!!!!

Just wondering if anyone has had trouble acsessing F13-F28 with a MTH Proto 3 Sound decoder. I have a HO MTH ESS44AC and I am unable to get these functions to work. I have a MRC Prodigy Advanced2 DCC system that supports F1-F28. I have tried to contact MTH service, they are useless. I can't find...
  14. W

Athearn HO RTR SD40-2 headlights

I have a Athearn RTR SD40-2 that has burned out headlights. Looking for suggestions on what to replace them with. I would like something that will last awhile, possibly a LED? I have tried to search on-line but there are a lot of different choices and I am not sure what size I actually need...
  15. W

MTH Proto 3 sound decoder experience

Terry, I programmed cv22 to a value of 1 per the instructions which say this will set up the headlights and keep the rear light on the motor off. I've read through the whole manual and I can't figure out why its still turning on. I must be missing something. I had to program CV22 in the rear...
  16. W

MTH Proto 3 sound decoder experience

Looking for anyone with some experience with a Proto 3 decoder. I have 2 MTH HO ES44's. I have them consisted back to back together no problem. I can't seem to get the lights to cooperate. The rear headlights on the trailing unit still want to turn on in Forward and the rear lights on the leader...
  17. W

BLI SD40-2 Undecorated

I have a BLI SD40-2 I am attempting to paint. I want to remove the hand rails but the rail that connects by the steps will not come out. I am afraid I will snap off if it happens to be glued in. All the other parts seem to come off with ease. Has anyone dealt with this problem?
  18. W

Brake pipe detail

I have some Athearn RTR SD40-2's and I would like to detail the trucks by adding the brake pipe that runs between the two cylinders on each truck. I have looked in the Walther's catalog and can not seem to find a designated detail part. Can anyone suggest what would work best to meet my needs? Nate
  19. W

IMRC HO SD40-2 help! MRC

Mark, if I use CV54 and the locomotives don't quite match each other in speed and one drags the other or vice versa what is the best way to match them up so that they run evenly? Nate
  20. W

IMRC HO SD40-2 help! MRC

Do I need to clear off CV19 before I do each one or will the tuning feature work with CV19 set? Nate

Back