Search results

1. Beady

Running Bear's June 2020 Coffee Shop

I forgot! I actually have a train-related photo. I have no idea what it's showing, but I'm sure someone here will know. Found a couple more in my stash:
  2. Beady

Well, since no one seems to care:
  3. Beady

Investments: Interestingly, our retirement accounts have increased by 5% in the last month. That, and both our inheritances are trickling in (it'll take a year or so), so we're doing pretty well, all told. Our next two cruises are paid for, so as long as we don't have a 2nd wave in the autumn...
  4. Beady

Been off the Cymbalta completely, for the past week; starting the new stuff tomorrow. The wife is still alive and we're still married. Was really feeling bummed today, so I engaged in a little retail therapy: And:
  5. Beady

Running Bear's May 2020 Coffee Shop

That is exactly my situation, with three separate hobbies. OTOH, we're not at all hurting financially, so I could just let my heirs deal with it.
  6. Beady

I'm confused. Is that supposed to be a fireworks, or a virus? Seriously. It looks like it could be either, or both. The context of your note even makes it look like it could be both.
  7. Beady

I'll just leave this here.
  8. Beady

The wife came home one summer day while we lived in Vermont, to find me out sitting on the front steps, carefully unsticking and unwinding a garden snake from a tape gun. It had apparently worked its way in through the window air conditioner and had fallen into a box of shipping supplies, where...
  9. Beady

I used to attend airshows all the time and have seen the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds, Canada's Snow Birds, UK's Red Devils, and Ukraine's equivalent team. It feels almost like family when something happens to one of them. Speaking of family, I wonder if I'm feeling a little PTSD, or some...
  10. Beady

Thanks. I've decided not to feel guilty about not doing things, and just play it as it lies. I start getting weened off the Cymbalta tomorrow, in prep for being put on a new mood elevator, so the next two weeks will probably be noticeably worse. I've warned the wife, and she's getting ready...
  11. Beady

Well, I did notice the icon when I installed May to my browser's menu.
  12. Beady

Uh, hello? Judging by my Alerts, it's been about 3 weeks or so since I was last here, and it's been twice as long since I've touched a train or a Lego. It's a shame, since this confinement would have been the perfect opportunity for both. I just had a tele-visit with my doctor, and he's...
  13. Beady

Running Bear's April 2020 Coffee Shop

If you ever go for it, let me know. Like with MRR stuff and Legos, I overbought atrociously while I was working and can probably help you out. Guns and clothing.
  14. Beady

I had to read this several times, all the while trying to fend off mental images of your dogs hunting Moby Dick, who was riding a flatcar past your house. It's been that kind of morning, and you're not helping.
  15. Beady

I have no idea what you're talking about; must have missed the memo. However, if necessary, I volunteer to feel offended if it's necessary to maintain emotional balance.
  16. Beady

That's one advantage to being an atheist: I don't have to feel guilty about anything. My SIL, otoh, was raised Irish-Catholic, and continually apologizes for everything. The pandemic just got personal. My Cowboy shooting club cancelled its first meet, scheduled for next month. That may have...
  17. Beady

https://behindthethrottle.com/2020/04/21/jean-kloha-from-switchman-to-fireman/
  18. Beady

Willie, this made me think of you. I don't know how to figure the local infection/death rate. I know we're in one of the state's hot spots (although nothing at all as bad as Detroit), but Lansing spills over into two other counties. As of yesterday, though, the state had 31k cases and 2,500...

Back