Search results

1. Z

Zack's Layout Version 3.0

I originally built a switching layout last year but needed the bench space for a money making project so it was tore down. After that project was done I built on to the bench work and built a layout based on my 2 year old always wanting to come and sit to watch the trains go around and around...
  2. Z

New Locomotives for the layout

Athearn F59PHI DC...will convert to DCC when time permits. Being from NC I couldn't pass this up. Athearn Genesis GP38-2W with DCC/Sound Intermountain ES44DC with DCC The GP38-2W is the workhorse doing all the switching. The ES44DC was a deal I couldn't pass up. Both pair up nicely when...
  3. Z

Hiding a staging yard....Yes or No ???

I was out today doing some work on the layout and I got to thinking about the staging yard. Being my layout is an industrial (http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?35325-My-industrial-layout) type layout I can't decide if I want to incorporate the yard into the overall plan or...
  4. Z

My industrial layout

I have been wanting to build a decent layout for sometime and now that we bought a house I'm able to do just that. This is my first layout so it will be a learning curve for me. I wanted something I could use now and expand upon down the road either in it's current location or somewhere else...
  5. Z

Checking in from NC

My name is Zack and I'm located in the Raleigh, North Carolina area. Currently I have no layout but have been interested in model railroading for several years. I recently bought a HO GP38-2 with DCC made from Bachmann, in CN colors. When my wife and I move in the next month or so I plan to...

Back