Search results

1. Z

real-world Inglenook switching layout

After reviewing this area on Google maps I may try to build a small switching layout to include a few other businesses I see in a roughly 4000-5000 feet area of that chemical plant. Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  2. Z

Zack's Layout Version 3.0

I originally built a switching layout last year but needed the bench space for a money making project so it was tore down. After that project was done I built on to the bench work and built a layout based on my 2 year old always wanting to come and sit to watch the trains go around and around...
  3. Z

Operating air raid siren

Did you build that or what it a kit?
  4. Z

WPF May 1st to 8th

Biked the Dunn Erwin Rails to Trails today and found these laying near the CSX A Line in Dunn, NC. They have slowly been replacing the Searchlights and Standard three light signals to the newer hooded signals. I did give me the idea to take a pair of BLMA signals and set them up near a pair of...
  5. Z

Saturday night, anyone working on their layout?

I've been trying to figure out for the past three days why my Digitrax BD-4 block detectors haven't been showing any detection on my 8 blocks. Messed around with it some today with no luck
  6. Z

Who here is under 50?

I'm only 28
  7. Z

WPF Apr. 18 - 24

Added to my project list!
  8. Z

WPF Apr. 18 - 24

Looks great!
  9. Z

My CSX SD40-3 Kato HO "Spongebob" Build

Looks Awesome!
  10. Z

My CSX SD40-3 Kato HO "Spongebob" Build

Looking good so far!
  11. Z

What's on your layout..

Canadian National x2, Conrail x1, and NCDOT x1 Will add some local flavor as funds permit down the road.
  12. Z

New Locomotives for the layout

Athearn F59PHI DC...will convert to DCC when time permits. Being from NC I couldn't pass this up. Athearn Genesis GP38-2W with DCC/Sound Intermountain ES44DC with DCC The GP38-2W is the workhorse doing all the switching. The ES44DC was a deal I couldn't pass up. Both pair up nicely when...
  13. Z

Hiding a staging yard....Yes or No ???

I will add when I say hidden it's not completely hidden. It would be separated from view and give the allusion the train is leaving outbound when reality it's just being pulled into one of three spots. I would still have unrestricted access from overhead but looking from the front you would...
  14. Z

Hiding a staging yard....Yes or No ???

I was out today doing some work on the layout and I got to thinking about the staging yard. Being my layout is an industrial (http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?35325-My-industrial-layout) type layout I can't decide if I want to incorporate the yard into the overall plan or...
  15. Z

My industrial layout

Thanks for all the comments guys. Regarding the signal it was one I had and just dropped it where the main comes around the curve into the next switching area. I've already moved it and plan to replace it with another.
  16. Z

My industrial layout

I have been wanting to build a decent layout for sometime and now that we bought a house I'm able to do just that. This is my first layout so it will be a learning curve for me. I wanted something I could use now and expand upon down the road either in it's current location or somewhere else...
  17. Z

Checking in from NC

Picked up my first locomotive this morning, DCC Decoder installed. $40.00 hardly used, if not unused. While it will be a while before I can start building anything I plan to start collecting locomotives, rolling stock, and other items. I plan to detail the locomotive a little better over...
  18. Z

Checking in from NC

My name is Zack and I'm located in the Raleigh, North Carolina area. Currently I have no layout but have been interested in model railroading for several years. I recently bought a HO GP38-2 with DCC made from Bachmann, in CN colors. When my wife and I move in the next month or so I plan to...

Back