Search results

1. GarryCBQ

Running Bear’s November 2021 Coffee Shop

Good evening . it is good to see your interesting posts of recent days. I’m glad it looks like most of you had a good veteran’s day . I am generally pleased with what my cardiologist said in my Wednesday appointment. However, my recovery remains prolonged . I sleep a lot, and still can’t...
  2. GarryCBQ

Thanks for all of the kind remarks and words of encouragement. There are some very good people here and I appreciate it . Also, I received a PM from one of you who shared some of his own situation with me while encouraging me. your friendship means a lot .I’m going to cardiologist tomorrow...
  3. GarryCBQ

Good morning everybody. thanks for all of the kind remarks following my last post . My recovery is slowly moving in the right direction, but there have been minor setbacks. I am on oxygen.I see the cardiologist tomorrow. Our son from Florida is here to help for a few days. He has a remote...
  4. GarryCBQ

Howdy. it is good to see each of you here . To update on my situation. The recovery from my hospital stay for heart problems will take a long time. I continue to be on oxygen. The good news is I went downstairs to the train room briefly. It was very difficult to go back upstairs . thanks to...
  5. GarryCBQ

Running Bear's October 2021 Coffee Shop

Good evening . thanks everybody for your thoughts and prayers regarding my situation. it was on October 19 when my heart stopped beating two times. It was a very rough week in the hospital. I came home two nights ago, and I have been totally wiped out . I am on oxygen continuously. I don’t...
  6. GarryCBQ

Thanks to all for your thoughts and well wishes. My discharge from the hospital has again been delayed for medical reasons.
  7. GarryCBQ

Again thanks everybody for your concern. My discharge has been delayed another day because of minor issues.
  8. GarryCBQ

Thanks everybody for all of your thoughts and concerns . I had a very rough time. Things are much better now. I will be discharged from hospital later today. It might be a day or so before I post here next time.
  9. GarryCBQ

As info. I’m in the hospital. Yesterday my heart failure condition acted up. My heart quit beating two times, and my implanted defibrillator saved me. Don’t know when I we will get back here. Your friendship means a lot to me.
  10. GarryCBQ

Good evening. Joe .... That is interesting information . Thank you for sharing it. Guy .... You are doing a good deed by getting rid of other people's masks. I have heard about small animals getting entangled in them, and that is not good. I like the CN locomotives in your pictures...
  11. GarryCBQ

Howdy ..... Guy ..... I 'm glad you are back with us. CN 3934 has better looking paint scheme than the regular CN locomotive paint scheme. Moermusic ..... Nice find of CREX 1402. Tom O .... It looks like the pulpwood car will have a nice weathering job. Joe .... Nice old photo of PRR 4800 ...
  12. GarryCBQ

Howdy ..... WIllie .... It is good to see progress on your building. Yeah, that chair looks a bit worn. Tom O .... Also, it is good to see all of your work. I'm still busy this week with other stuff. I hope to catch up soon. Cheers.
  13. GarryCBQ

Howdy. Busy. Just checking in via cell phone. This is second day in a row for me to be in Hopkinsville. 40 miles from home. Hopefully, I can catch up with you tomorrow. Cheers.
  14. GarryCBQ

Howdy ...... Just checking in. I had a busy day for sure. It's too late to talk about it. I do want to take time to congratulate Hughie with his good news. That is wonderful . Hopefully. I have time tomorrow to catch up with your posts. Lots of good stuff here. Happy Model Railroading.
  15. GarryCBQ

Howdy .... Sherrel ..... Wow ! I can see how you would not want to talk about that experience. That's awful! Such a shame because it looks like a fun outdoor model railroad. Christian ...... Good luck with the new project. Thanks for telling us about Bretagne / Brittany . Very interesting...
  16. GarryCBQ

Howdy .... Willie ..... I like your "Earl's" industry. Well done ! Regarding wires in our poles. Here is a picture of some SD7's hauling coal in Illinois. Look at the utility poles behind the locomotives. The worse appear so small, you really can not see them .... So, I don't bother putting...
  17. GarryCBQ

Howdy .... Everybody : ..... Thank you for the likes and comments on my photo . Christian ...... Greet scenery , and the dogs look happy. That wiring reminds me of some i saw in South America. Looks hazardous. Can you tell about the interesting flag ? Jaz .... Thanks for you comment. I once...
  18. GarryCBQ

Good morning .... Tom O ... Your pulpwood scene looks great. Willie .... That building kit looks fun. Joe .... The box car looks nice. Interesting photo of the VO1000. Willie, Sherrell ...... I'm hearing energy prices will continue rising at least until end of the year. Oil is forecasted to...
  19. GarryCBQ

Howdy .... Non-model-railroad .... Yesterday, we put solar powered lighted caps on the posts for the railing of the deck. Some of the 24 of them did not work, and it was frustrating fixing them. They are cheaply made. in one I fixed, I had to re-solder the LED on a tiny circuit board. Some...
  20. GarryCBQ

Joe... I can imagine you are tempted to get that kit. I think I read it needs Athearn parts to power it. I guess parts from a PA1 are what they are talking about.

Back