Search results

1. T

My Thoughts about 3 HO Diesels

My new shelf layout is powered up I've so been running some of the engines on it Bachmann GP7 w/ DCC/Sound. This engine is a fantastic value. It has been the lead loco on the new track of a few layouts to find issues and it does great. The sound is similar to other much higher priced engines...
  2. T

Any experience with digitally printed scenic backdrops?

Hello, My shelf layout ran out of funding at the beginning of Covid but construction has finally resumed :). A new 10' section is also being added to make a big L :) :) I will need a 10' "industrial" section and a 10' "forest" section (or 12'). 15"- 24" high is ideal. I am terrible at...
  3. T

Brush painting track?

I've always spray painted track in the past but its too cold out. A flat dark brown. Its just a shelf switching layout so there's not much track. Yea or nay?
  4. T

Back at it with a new 116"x20" HO shelf

My new home has a spare room off of the bedroom and this is the perfect spot for a small shelfie My friend Yaz at Lowes giving some assistance Had good luck in the past using these boards Getting the dimensions down in the garage
  5. T

4' x 24' layout with 18" curves - am I nuts?

Hello All! I have moved in the past year and now, after a 3 year break, have a nice size basement to place a new, larger layout right in the middle of here: My specs are as follows 4x24 footprint max using (3) sheets of 4x8 plywood with EPS sheets on top 4'x4' on the ends 2'x'16' in the...
  6. T

My new 12' x 16" Shelf Layout

Hello everybody, great site. Here are some pics and video of my new shelf layout. It's not done yet but its been a ton of fun so far - I am hooked! I started planning it using Anyrail. Had to keep to a 12' length and 16" width + a 4' x 20" area for space reasons (wife had a say in that)...

Back