Search results

1. A

The decline in the number of model railroaders?

I live in Northern Nevada in this area I know of about 100 guys and gals that are model railroaders anywhere from Z up to G. The club I belong to has an HO scale layout, N scale layout and 2ft gauge. We have approx 22 paid members of which 7-9 are active. Our dues are $36.00 a years. The 2ft...
  2. A

DCC and turnouts

Sorry it took so long' Thank you
  3. A

DCC and turnouts

Thank you.
  4. A

DCC and turnouts

I have a quick question. I'm ordering track for my layout and I'm not sure what to order insulated or non-insulated turnouts. Any suggestions on which I should order? Thank you
  5. A

My NC Mainline Running Class 1 Layout in HO

Great work! Would love to see more close ups.
  6. A

My first Layout - a 5' x 9' Modern BNSF Freelance

Thanks for the answer. I'm debating between a form core or ply wood top. Since I have never worked with form core how easy is it to cut in half? Did you use a knife or a special type of saw? I'm also planning on a 5x9 modular more for storage than for portability.
  7. A

Once again beautiful work. I do have one question how did you attack the track to the form core?
  8. A

Simple 4x8 layout

Nice work, thanks posting photo's.
  9. A

You do great work. Thank you for sharing.
  10. A

SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Hi Mixy, thanks for the help on setting the table size. I already have 2 slightly different layouts designed.
  11. A

SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Hi I was wondering is there away to enter a table size? I'm planning on building a 4x8 layout? Thank you
  12. A

Great job! When you start your expansion please post more photo's. Enjoy
  13. A

HO track which brand, type

Thanks again for all of the info. I've decided to go with the code 83 nickle silver track. If my old engines won't work then I will either switch out the wheels or just put them on display
  14. A

Thank you for all of the posts. I will be going with nickel silver, I just have to decide on which code. All of my newer engines can run on code 83. I have several engines from approx 20 years ago that I would like to also run on the layout I'm just not sure if they can on code 83. I guess I...
  15. A

Virginia & Truckee RR

I know this is an older thread but I have two books I can recommend for people who are interested in the V&T. The first is "The Silver Short Line" by Wurm & Demoro, and "Virginia & Truckee The Bonanza Road" by Mallory Hope Ferrell. Enjoy
  16. A

Hi everyone, I'm getting ready to buy track for my 4x8 layout. I was wondering which brand people are using and what type? I've seen nickel, steel, (are there any other types). I've pretty much decided to go with code 100. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  17. A

Hello from Nevada

My Dad and I had a two line 12x4 foot RR up and running. The track work was done and it ran great. We never did complete the scenery. I've decided to do a slightly smaller layout to make it easier to "finish". I'm also designing it as a modular so I can add on to it.
  18. A

Hornby plan 8H

I haven't tried the Pecos site, thanks for the suggestion.
  19. A

Hornby plan 8H

I planning on modifying the Hornby layout plan 8H. It's a 4x8. Does anybody know if there is an inventory list for Hornby layouts? It would make things a lot easier for me if I can find one. Thanks
  20. A

projects and more projects

I also need to clean out my garage before I can start my RR. As I write this I'm looking out the window and I realize that the weeds are starting to take over and I need to move a pile of rocks to the front yard. Hey kids......... Now to the garage. ;-)

Back